Green Smoothies

Hey Guys,

I have just recently gone raw and have developed this LOVE for green smoothies. I know there are a few recipes for green smoothies on the website but if you have any other recipes PLEASE let me know!

Thanks!!

Comments

• if you go to greensmoothieexperiment.blogspot.com there are some recipes for green smoothies.

• NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

How do you stay motivated? Lately I have to force myself to drink my green smoothies even when I try new recipes using different greens and fruits.

• raw_earthraw_earth Raw Newbie

I hated green smoothies up til about a couple of weeks ago. Someone (either on here or on a different forum) mentioned using your favorite regular fruit smoothie recipes and then just adding greens to that. I never even thought of that before (apparently I have no common sense!), but I tried it and it’s been working great for me.

(Normally I like to juice my greens, but my juicer filter/blade is so dull that it’s on its way out until I get a new one, so it’s not handling greens all that well right now.) For now, I just use my usual fruit combos and then add either kale, chard, romaine or a mix of those. I like to use a lot of greens, because otherwise it seems to me like a waste of good fruit! I’ve stopped trying to make ‘interesting’ combos like watercress and raspberries—yuck! ;) I like to use more than one fruit at a time, unless I am using citrus (oranges or pink grapefruit), and then I usually just go with one.