Greens collected outdoors and the fox tapeworm

Hi all!

Does anybody get his greens from the garden or anywhere outdoors in the wilderness?

How do you tackle the problem of the fox tapeworm (Echinococcus multilocularis)?

I hoped to smash the egg of the tapeworm by juicing them with my Green Life/Star juicer. But the eggs of this tapeworm have a diameter below 0,05 mm and my Greenstar has a distance between the tue of 0,1 mm. Usually doctors recommend all outdoor collected fruits and greens to be washed at 70°C! At this temperatur the eggs will get destoyed.

Some info on the tapeworm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinococcus_multi…

It’s extremely dangerous to get one as you may live with for years without any symptoms. If you have symptoms you might well have a more or less big cyst in your liver or in the lungs or possibly anywhere else in the body.

And that’s my dilemma: I’d like to get outdoor green, e.g. nettles or dandelion. BUT I don’t want to get a tapeworm…

Bye

Andreas

Comments

• I gather greens in the summer often. Forest understory like garlic mustard and wood sorrel and ones that grow in the stream behind my house like water cress. I’ve never had a problem with tape worms.

I don’t know if this is any help, but before I went raw I had intestinal parasites and 2 weeks raw they went away. Maybe tapeworms can only thrive in cooked food bodies aswell… I don’t know though.

James

• Whoa, that’s kind of scary. I’ve never heard of that before.