dehydrator

What is a dehydrator? also where would i buy one?? can i just buy one at a local cookware supply store or do i have to order online?

Comments

• Hi gymbum—

This is the raw food stove. It’s like drying food in the sun, but faster. You can make flax seed bread, cookies, dried fruits, etc.

check out http://www.excaliburdehydrator.com/

Excalibur is the top one that all the raw books recommend. Mine is arriving via FedEx in 2 days. The price range is from $35 for a Walmart (Nesco) one, up to nearly $300 for the 9-tray Excalibur with timer and 9 ParaFlexx sheets. The cheaper ones don’t have a temperature setting, so they “cook” the food at too high a temperature to retain the enzymes. However, I started with a cheap one as a “test.” They’re at Walmart or amazon.com

• thanks! I will be sure to look into buying one! _

• Some camping and outdoor supply stores also sell dehydrators. I found a 9 tray Excalibur at Cabelas in addition to a good hatchet for coconuts.

• I bought a dehydrator from walmart cause i cannot afford another one right now. It is a 5 tray nesco and it does not have a tempature setting so do you recommend not leaving the foods in there too long?