Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Soyabella nut press?

Has anyone bought this? I am looking for a nut press to make my own nut milk. I DON”T want to use a blender.

I find the nut milk is good b/c of the fat content. I work in an office right now and it’s been hell to stay raw. Drinking this in the morning will lessen my hunger during the day. Of course I eat nuts but too many are hard on the stomach.

Comments

• I would also like to know if anyone has tried this.

• Thumbs down on this product, unless you don’t want raw soy milk. I checked out their FAQ section on their website. The machine heats the water to 181 degrees to change the soy beans into milk in 15 minutes. Doesn’t look like its raw. They say you can make raw nut milks with it, but if you’ve already got a blender I think you’re ahead of the game. Best thing to do is to save up your money and buy a Vita-Mix. We’ve had ours for almost 20 years. The link to Soybella is: http://www.soyabella.com/support/faqs.php

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

why don’t you want to use a blender? if it’s because of the mess, have you tried blending some raw nut butter with filtered water. it’s not as messy. i suppose you could shake and shake and shake in a glass jar as an option. i think this would be a better workout than drink though.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

The soybella has a raw option for nutmilks. It lets you use the grinder without the heater. I don’t have one-or need one, since I have a K-Tec blender-but it looks like a wonderful product for the price.

• I made almond and sunflower seed milk in a blender when my son was little and hated the straining process.

I guess I’m just looking for a way to get the milk from the nuts without the mess.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Well it looks like the soybella will work but I bet you will still have a mess to clean it out. I don’t mind straining the nut milk, in fact I kinda like it. Pressing the beautiful rich white milk through the bag makes me feel a little like I’m milking a cow.

• greenie, thank you for the clarification about the raw option on the Soyabella. All resellers emphatically state that you can make raw milks, but no one mentions the temperature! Knowthing that you can just use the grinder without the heater is exactly what I needed to know.

That said, for $100 I don’t know that I’ll be switching from my food processor and nut milk bag any time in the near future. One more thing to plug in and one more gadget to make room for. I bet it’s a lifesaver for new raw foodies though and I’m really glad someone made it :)

• I just purchased the Soyabella a few weeks ago and I love it! I have six children and with this I can make great milk! I needed something easier than the blender/nut milk bag. It’s so simple to clean and I prefer it to the blender.