Storing Nut Cheeses

To all of the seasoned Raw foodies:

I am very new to raw vegan so I am still trying to use transition foods like nut cheeses

- Is it safe to store them in the fridge?

- About how long should they be stored before they would go bad?

- Is there any warning sign or indication that they would be bad besides the obvious strange smell/taste?

Thnx in advance

Comments

• hannahmariehannahmarie Raw Newbie

i made a pine nut cheese once (only once, it took so long to dehydrate i don’t feel like doing it again) and kept it in the fridge wrapped in cheese cloth. it was fie for however long i kept it for… i think it would keep for a while.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

its safe to store them in the fridge, how long would depend on the kind of cheese you make, and as far as i know the only warning sign is the strange smell/taste, and possibly molding? although mine are all devoured before they go bad…rule of thumb for me is this: if i’m even a little suspicious it’s off, i toss it. better that than food poisoning or something.
    ps best nut cheese ive ever tried is in my recipe called “ooooh lasagna”. this could be just shameless self promotion but really it is quite good. generally any nut cheese with a lot of fresh herbs is yummmmy!