Yeast Question.

Hey all!
Just wondering if those little packets of yeast are raw? I’m trying a cinnamon roll recipe with sprouted wheat berries. I encorporated yeast into the mixture and it really made it puff up! Almost fluffy! I so miss fluffy…

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Hey, that is great! I am planning on doing that with bread. I have one of those packets but I just haven’t gotten around to making it though. I really should get going with that!

The yeast is active so technically, it’s a “living” food – not sure how the yeast is made though.

• RawJim, Why not?

Queenfluff, My cinnamon rolls didn’t stay fluffy after dehydration, however, they were a nicely textured cookie. Lots of air bubbles…back to the drawing board!

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

It sounds like a bad idea to me… I avoided cooked yeasted bread and I wouldn’t eat raw yeast either… It encourages overgrowth of yeasts in the intestines. Not everything raw is necessarily healthy, unfortunately.

• Thanks Morning_theft and RawJim!
    Your posts prompted me to do some research. Here’s something I found;
    http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/calories-nut…
    I’m wondering if yeast is bad for those prone to yeast infections. Could yeast cause them to occur? Love the journey!

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Well those who are prone to yeast infections just basically have an imbalance between the yeast and bacteria in their intestines, and the yeast is exploring the rest of their bodies and infecting other systems. Putting in more yeasts in the body- mushrooms, yeasts etc, would cause there to be too much yeast in the body, I would think.