Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

un cookbooks

rae-deanrae-dean Raw Newbie

i was wondering what un-cookbooks everyone has and what is your favorite and why.i love to study them and read thru them.i have been raw since jan.o7…so it is very fascinating to study these books.thanks so much.rae-dean

Comments

• Debbie5125Debbie5125 Raw Newbie

I like Renee Loux. She has two books, Living Cuisine (all raw) and The Balanced Plate (part raw, all whole foods). I read these books all the time and have made many, many of the dishes. I love the desserts (of course!)

• rae-deanrae-dean Raw Newbie

thank u Debbie,i am always interested in cookbooks(raw) and this helps me to have one to search for.i love to sit and pour thru them and such.one that i really like is “dining in the raw”.it has over 700 recipes and it is by rita romano.it is also has some cooked foods but all good.

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

I really like The Complete Book of Raw Food by Baird Rodwell. I also use The Raw Truth – The art of preparing Living Foods by Jeremy A. Safron.

Besides this site, I also got many recipes from Rawfoods.com and a book called Raw food made easy for 1 or 2 people, or something along those lines.

• I’ve got RAWvolution by Matt Amsted, The Raw Food Detox Diet” by Natalia Ross. But, my fav is “Raw Food Made Easy” by Jenifer Cornbleet becuase odly enough it is easy!

Alot of the other recipes take so many steps and cost alot of money, good for dinner parties tho. For every day use, simple is good. “Simplify” as Henry David Thoreau would say!

JAmes

i have the complete book of raw foods too and i love it.i want the RAWvoltion very badly.it seems like it was pretty expensive.maybe for my b.d.right now i have my wheat berries soaking to make bread from the sproutmans kitchen garden un cookbook. i love that book as it is so very interesting.the kind of un cookbook i really love is the ones that tell u the calories and the fat and the carbs of a single serving.love that.the “eat smart,eat raw”by kate wood does just that.i am making sunflower sausages this morning from that book.they only have 107 calories for one sauage.i like cheap and easy recipes too.i wish there was a completely raw food store where u could get all the raw books and foods and all that we need.

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hi rae-dean: There are a couple forum threads that might help with your search. View a few more suggestions in this cookbook recommendations topic and some in-depth advice for making recipes from Juliano’s RAW cookbook.

• PamPam

I received this book called “Everyday Wholesome Eating in the the Raw” by Kim Wilson. I ordered from Rhio and it was sent to me by accident. I had never heard of the title or the author. Anyway, I’m returning the book but it is actually a great beginner recipe book with a wealth of basic and not-so-basic information. It has info on soaking, sprouting, freezing, food prep tips, as well as recipes for things like marinated greens, nut burgers, chips, crackers, desserts, condiments, etc. There is a recipe for a crumbled salad topping that reportedly tastes like pepperoni and some crackers reminiscent of cheese nips. Like I said, I’m returning the book because it’s not what I need at this stage… but I would recommend it as a solid everyday recipe book.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Has anyone tried or heard of The Raw Gourmet by Nomi Shannon? Rawsome by Brigitte Mars? Raw by Charlie Trotter & Roxanne Klein? Those are some of the books I saw at a bookstore in Santa Fe… haven’t bought one.. YET!

today i got jay kordich’s book called “live foods live bodies.”it is very interesting-some is cooked but he has alot of good tips for daily living even. i like him alot and this book.alot of good juicing idea’s.has anyone seen this book and do u do any recipes from it?

• I have: The Complete Book of Raw Food by Lori Baird and Julie Rodwell – its a bible as far as I’m concerned RawVolution by Matt Amstead Living on Live foods by Alissa Cohen Raw Truth by Jeremy Safron and to round it out I have the Juicing Bible by Pat Crocker and Susan Eagles

wow! i did not know there was so many books to choose from. i go to barnes and noble and look. i have to really seek out the raw books there. one was from a lady in portland and it was pretty good.i went back and it was gone and i did not remember the name of the book.i think i will go to powells on sat. to look thru and see what they have in raw books there.i have the sproutmans kitchen garden cookbook.it is so interesing.i have my bread dried -i made it yesterday.so good and simple.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

My favourite un cook book is Chad Sarno’s Vital Creations.It’s got a table of spices and ingredients from all round the world that you can follow to make variations of any recipe in a different country’s flavours. It has been very useful. He’s got the best apple pie and vegetable fu yung recipes in there too. I also like Sarma Menghalis and Matthew Kenny “Raw Food Real World” which has got gorgeous gourmet stuff like curry and a great taco recipe. Renee Underkoffler’s Living Cuisine book is fab, I lived on her burger recipe last year! And am living off her quiche recipe this year! Shazzie’s Detox Delights is good vaue for just a fiver – £5-great pizza recipe which uses a banana in the crust! Ummmm and I like to use Rhio’s book too sometimes. It has a brilliant pecan pie recipe in it.

• GabeGabe Raw Newbie

MY favorite book would have to be Juliano’s raw food uncook book for the recipes. I like Nature’s First Law by David Wolf,Steven Arlin and Froud Dini

my hubby got me the rawsome recipe book by robyn boyd-it is very lovely.there is some cooked stuff but for the most part-it is pretty nice.

• If you are a just a little raw curious and successfully vegan. Vegan World Fusion Cuisine is for you. Each section has light, lighter and lightest recipes. Lightest being the live cuisine. This recipe book first introduced me to raw foods in an extremely accessible way. The photos are beautiful and there’s lots of additional information to get you started on soaking and sprouting.

i got a couple of added cookbooks as of late-one is wendy rudell and the book is called THE RAW TRANSFORMATION.i like it alot.then i got THE RAW FOOD GOURMET.IT IS BY A PORTLAND GAL.HER name is gabrielle chavez.i like all the raw food un cook books so much.they are so inspiring.they look beautiful and are so good for u.thanks so much for your input on these books.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Rawsome by Brigitte Mars, and Alissa Cohens book living on live food is good. Some books that were recommended that I haven’t read is Living Nutrition’s Garden of Eden Raw Fruit & Vegetable Recipes Edited by David Klein, Ph.D. and Hooked on Raw by Rhio. A smoothie book that had high ratings that I cannot find in the book store is Super Smoothies: Taste the Nectar of Life by Candia Lea Cole.

I think the book Raw the uncook book by Juliano was too complicating. I haven’t seen half the ingredients he has in the book. I think it is good for people who has been raw for a good while and need a change.