Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

seaweed lovers

All I am craving is seaweed! Anybody know any delicious recipes or have ideas? Just plain soaked wakame I find so satisfying, but I am looking for more…

Comments

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

This may be an obvious answer, but nori rolls are a nice choice, this site has many recipes. Wakame with lemon juice in a salad with diced apples, mango, a bit of shredded carrot, and tahini sauce is delicious as well.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I like sea lettuce, chopped green apples, chopped green onions with agave mustard dressing and brassica sprouts on top. I use arame in lots of things for the dark, bright green color. I posted a recipe here called Lo Mein that has arame. I use soaked arame as noodles in varius blended soups. I even make nori rolls on occasion. I’m a seaweed lover too!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Pasta/noodle type seaweed goes really well with pesto.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Lately, I’ve been crumbling a bit of a Nori sheet into my salads. I’ve been working on increasing my seaweed intake. I started doing this after falling in love with jamestheraw’s tuna salad sandwich recipe-.

• Kelp Powder on Soaked almonds. YUMMMM

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i eat kombu sheets like they’re jerky.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I just posted the recipe for Arame-Carrot Salad. I had this at a raw drop-in and it was most yummy. I had to get the recipe. It is a healthy, raw version of something like traditional carrot salad but with orange flavor. Since it doesn’t taste like a sea veggie, I don’t know if it will satisfy your seaweed cravings but it is delightful.

• Do you ever make veggie sushi? It’s kind of a pain in the *, but if you soak raw sushi rice for about 30 days, it takes the same fluffiness of cooked rice. You can then roll your own… Mine’s in the fridge soaking now…. :)

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

I am a bit concerned about the “rawness” of various seaweed. I have found that Maine Coast kelp powder that comes in the shakers is not raw, nor is their nori powder. The arame package from Emerald Cove Sea Vegetable notes that it is steamed after it is sun dried. I have put a call in to find out about the hijiki to see if it is steamed as well. I will update as soon as I get additional info.

Is anyone aware of arame or hijiki that is actually raw?

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Maine Coast Sea Vegetables certifies that some of their products are organic and raw. Are you saying that this is incorrect?

http://seaveg.com/products.php

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

There is no indication of the sea seasonings except for the nori granules if they are raw. The dulse granules and triple blend flakes are raw. The kelp granules, nori granules and sea salt with sea veg are not raw.

The other products indicate whether or not they are raw. I have no reason to believe they are not raw. the only reason i called the company was to find out if their sea seasonings were raw since it wasn’t included in the description except for the nori.

• Wow, you guys are really opening up my eyes to lots of possibilities. Thanks. Now I am wondering, if it says “dried” instead of “roasted”, it may not be raw?

mmtol, I do love sushi rolls. Do you soak your rice in the fridge for a whole month?

• I eat nori plain. I just rip it into tiny little squares and snack on it. Very convenient.