Kidney Failure

Has anyone had any experiences or personally know anyone that has had an experience with kidney failure and a raw food diet?

My cousin is going into kidney failure with her first donated kidney and I would like to find out if anyone has any information on if the raw diet can help her prolong her kidney function or if she can reverse any effects.

I have read many remarkable illnesses going away and/or being controlled by a raw food diet.

Any specific information is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• :( I really feel for you and your cousin, and I’m really sorry but I don’t really know anything about any foods that might help other than doing juice/water fasting maybe?

• Hi, I met a woman in her mid-thirties at one of our raw potlucks, she is going to dialysis for almost 20 years and if I remember correctly one of her kidneys is transplanted. She did the cleansing at the Hippocrates Institute and she’s 100% raw for about a year now I think.The institute put her on a diet that benefits the kidneys, no fruits except citrus fruits, no starchy vegetables (e.g. carrots, beets), for sweetener she can only use stevia. Lots of juices along this line. Not a lot of nuts. I don’t exactly remember the list of allowed foods but I know that she got a list and must eat only what’s on the list. She didn’t tell her doctors here that she’s raw and did the cleansing so they think that medication improved her :))) Her skin was glowing and she looked fantastic. However, her case is not exactly a kidney failure. But raw food and closely supervised cleansing improved her kidney functions a lot. I know that distilled water is also supposed to be good for the kidneys because it contains nothing, so it just passes through and flushes the kidneys, giving them a rest.
    All the best to your cousin!!!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I don’t know anyone, but: When I was at a mission doing a cleanse, the vegan chef there shared a story with us about her kidney problems… and, I remember she mentioned that at one time she couldn’t eat anything or keep anything down… except for sprouts.