Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I just got my spiral slicer (spirooli)

RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I just received my spiral slicer which I ordered from Natural Zing. The slicer is made by World Cuisine. I want to make pasta noodles out of zuchinni and other vegetables with it. I tried it today using the medium blade, and the noodles came out too thick and not very rounded.I haven’t tried the smallest blade yet, but the shape of the holes was the same as the medium blade which leads me to believe that those noodles would not be rounded either.
Does anyone have any experience making pasta with the spirooli?

Comments

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Yes, I do it all the time. The spaghetti noodles are a little thick, but otherwise just fine.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

The one I have comes out like angel hair. Mmmm…I love zucchini ‘pasta’ with pesto and pine nuts and cherry tomatoes..so good! What else do you guys use it for?

• I don’t have experience with the Spirooli but I have seen in un-cook books (sorry, can’t remember specifics) that people frequently suggest that you dehydrate noodles for a bit or leave them at room temperature for a while to take on the texture of cooked wheat noodles. I have a Saladacco, which I think is what heathermarsbomb is talking about, and it makes angel hair pasta. The other thing I like about the saladacco is that if you just use the blade with the pasta tines in the “off” position, you get really thin spirals of veggies. This is fantastic for slicing really thin and crispy chips in the dehydrator.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

I have a saladacco and it works great

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Cheri Soria sprinkles salt on the zucchini noodles to let them sweat the water out, Then she rinses off the salt and dries them with a paper towel. They become more limp and noodle-like.