Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green Power Juice Extractor

JoescJoesc Raw Master

Has anyone had a Green Power Juice Extracor? I was thinking about getting one. It is suppose to be a masticating juicer. It juices fruits, vegetables, wheatgrass, herbs and make nut butter. I heard it has low heat and it’s easy to use and clean but I haven’t heard any customer reviews.

Comments

• I was hovering between one of those and a vitamix. I opted for the blender because you get to keep the fiber in the food. But I have used a greenstar and they are great.

James

• I have the Hippocrates juicer…I tried to make almond butter today but i ended up using my Cuisinart…other than that I love it…its easy to clean up and juices well.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Thank You!

• I do have one and love it. I use it almost daily plus a common mixer for other ‘things’...

• i had the green life/green star juicer i got rid of it and bought a marathon juicer. the juice taste better with this one. i use a champion juicer to make banana whips. even if you have a juicer everyone should have a vita mix hands down the best “blender” there is

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I was going to get a vitamix and the green star juicer. Why did you get rid of the green star jaymz72? It is suppose to be one of the best juicers. It is also newer than green power extractor. I was looking at the comparison and the difference was the green star had the non stain parts, a longer warranty and cheaper. I would think the juice would taste the same seeing it is the same product being juiced.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I found a comparison which was interesting. http://www.hacres.com/diet/research/Juice_Extra…

• The Green Star is the ultimate appliance for the Hippocrates diet, or the “green” type raw food diet. This is a diet of at least 50% sprouts and 50% greens, 75% vegetables, with at least 2 green drinks (drinks made of 100% soil grown sprouts). The reason is that the twin gear juicer (green power, green life, green star): 1. makes juice from greens, sprouts, and wheatgrass like a wheatgrass juicer, and also can juice carrots, fruit etc. like most other juicers. 2. The twin gear juicers make a higher quality juice because it interferes less to remove the juice from the cell. Other machines create friction heat, rip cell walls apart, oxygenate by mixing the juice with air, and the steel actually changes the molecular structure because of its magnetism. Twin gear juicers create no heat, squeeze out juice without introducing air, keep fibers and cell walls whole (to be added beck later) and they use porcelin/ steel, magnetically nuetral gears. The result is so major that juice that normally has to be consumed in 15 minutes goes through the same 15 minute degradation in 12 hours! I love this so much i keep the juicer parts in the freezer. i juice my stuff into a cold container and keep juices in the fridge for the whole day! Using a Nissan thermos I can actually take green juice to work and drink it any time. I like my Vitamix for quick snacks and smoothie fun, but the twin gear juicers are serious health machines, slow to work and slow to clean, but they are the most advanced, most healthy tool on the planet. I have gone through 4. They don’t break, I just lend them out a lot.

• The twin gear juicers (Green Power, Green Life and Green Star) are totally not masticating juicers. A Champion is a masticating juicer. Twin gear juicers Squeeze juices out using slowly turning gears with no blades, like a wheatgrass juicer.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Green Star is a masticating juicer which makes it good. Masticating is better than centrifugal.

Centrifugal Juicers:

Centrifugal means moving or directed away from a center or axis.

A centrifugal juicer is the most common type of juicer you see in stores and on TV. A centrifugal juicer spins at high speeds and during the spinning motion, the vegetables that you have shoved down the chute and ground to a pulp. The spinning motion then forces the juice away from the pulp. The juice then pours into your juice.

Masticating Juicers:

Masticating means to chew, to grind or knead into a pulp.

A masticating juicer grinds vegetables and literally squishes out the juice. Since a masticating juicer works at low speeds and with no spinning action, it tends to juice many vegetables more efficiently.

• ok. Thanks Joesc! Maybe it is classified as masticating, but it does work totally differently than the Champion (the classic masticator) which does create heat because it has teeth and rotates around 200 x min compared to 60 x min for twin gears. btw its ok to masticate, just don’t do it in public.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

It is suppose to be ten times better than the champion. I am glad you mentioned how much you like it, because I was beginning to doubt getting it.