Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I need the best salad recipe ever!

I have a whole bunch of people coming over for an After Christmas Tree party (set the tree up in the backyard and decorate it with critter food). It’s a potluck and I volunteered to make the salad (surprise surprise). Anyway, all the guests are SAD eaters so I really need a cool impressive and filling (it’s the only food that I’ll be able to eat except the fruit) salad and dressing. I know I can check the recipe section, but I was really looking for something people have had success with in a group situation.

Thanks, gang!

Comments

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

How simple do you want it to be? An amazing salad that’s really easy and well combined as well could be my favorite: baby spinach (lots!) diced avocado, segmented and skinned pink grapefruit (break into small pieces, let the juice run all over the salad), cherry tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, and maybe garnish with shelled hemp hearts?

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Morning_theft~ That’s funny… I’ve never heard of shelled hemp seeds called hemp hearts. I just looked it up. When I saw your post I had envisioned something like an artichoke heart.. wrong! LOL Thankx for the new info!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

mines similar to MTs and a bold rip off from sunset magazine, but i made it and its yummy( i served MTs salad at my wedding except with endive and a citrus dressing).... arugula and some endive for show( not to much as it can be bitter shredd it and top the salad with it) then segment blood oranges with pith and membranes removed and pomagranite seeds. crunch up some almonds for crunch. dressing is not all together raw if you use champagne vinegar (but apple cider will do i suppose) wisk 1 tbsp minced shallot with 3 tbsp vinegar and 10 tbsp olive oil then add 1sp each of freh tarragon flat leaf parlsey and celtic sea salt

toss greens and oranges wiht jsut enough dressing to coat, place on plates and decorate with pomagranite seeds and almonds then lightly drizzle a bit more dressing on the outside of the plate for show! very pretty.....
  • germin8germin8 Raw Master

I made a wilted kale salad… and SAD eaters enjoyed it. (see 2nd post on http://goneraw.com/forums/2/topics/2414 )

• I just posted my own favorite salad on the Christmas salad? thread. See if it might work for you.