funny taste....flax meal?

hi, i am very new to raw and was feeling like chips and salsa! i tried a recipe from the site, and it had a really bitter after-taste. It’s not the corn, since i ate some of it raw and it was fine. so i’m thinking it’s the flax meal….mine don’t look as “yellow” as her picture. they were definitely more the color of the flax meal. this was my first time having flax meal, so i don’t really know the taste. does it get bitter if you use too much? any suggestions would be appreciated! here is a link to the recipe, if you want to see the picture, as well as the recipe itself:

corn chips

Ingredients
4 ears of corn, shaved
1 cup flax meal
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
dash cayenne, to taste
1 teaspoon sea salt
Preparation
Pretty simple

Comments

• skizzyskizzy Raw Newbie

flax can go bad really really quickly. did you use pre-ground flax meal or did you make your own? if you didn’t make your own i suggest trying that next time. i buy whole flax seeds and grind them in a very inexpensive coffee grinder. it takes just a few seconds.

also, i read somewhere that using corn right off the cob often isn’t very tasty in recipes, and that frozen corn is better (although hard to find raw). so if it isn’t the flax it could be the corn.