Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tiramisu I miss U!

Does anyone have a good raw recipe for tiramisu. It’s my fav dessert and I’ve been craving it lately like crazy! Please if you had one could u share it. Me and my stomach would be eternally grateful :-)

Comments

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hi Lyn, I made this a while ago, it’s one of my favourites too. I normally blend lots of different fruits, layer it up and then add a nut cream (pine nuts work well) for the topping.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

There is a recipe in the Raw Food book put out by Cafe Gratitude, I Am Grateful, available on Amazon.com here: http://www.amazon.com/Am-Grateful-Recipes-Lifes…=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199362374&sr=8-1

I’ve never made it, but I’ve eaten it at their restaurant. It’s one of the most amazing desserts EVER!!!!!

Kristen Suzanne

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Lyn-doe, I’ve posted the recipe from the Cafe Gratitude cookbook here: http://goneraw.com/recipes/2327-Tiramisu

I haven’t tried it either at the restaurant or from the book but it looks amazing! Let us know how it comes out.

I appreciate that we all want as many great recipes as possible, but as an author, I think it’s nice and important to support businesses who are promoting the Raw lifestyle…that is, “buying Cafe Gratitude’s book” and not just posting the recipe without the copyright holder’s permission.

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Kristin,

You are of course correct. Not only unfair but illegal. Well, probably not illegal since I changed some of the wording. But, in any case you are right and I’ve removed the recipe.

FWIW, I posted it thinking it would inspire people to buy the book, but it still was wrong to do. Thank you for pointing it out.

That’s cool, Greenie :)

Have a great weekend!

• Im not going to buy a book that I cant preview first and I agree it encourages other people to buy the book if they try a recipe they like from it. Im disappointed that I wont get to try it and see if its any good.

• Have you tried the library? I just searched the local public library database and the Cafe Gratitude Cookbook is there! I reserved it, of course, but this is probably the easiest way to ‘try before you buy’!

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Tiramisu from Quintessence restaurant in New York City is perfect. So decadent, smooth and good!

• Other people have shared recipes on this site that they got from a book or another site. I don’t think it is a problem as long as you give credit to the author/creator.

I own the Cafe Gratitude book and I have eaten their tiramisu before – it is amazing!! I haven’t made it myself yet, but that is because I can get it at the restaurant 4 blocks from where I work! I highly recommend the book as well.

Lyn-doe, if you give me your email address I would be glad to let you preview the recipe before buying the book.

• I have the book and I love it. I bought it immediately after eating at the restaurant. It’s worth every penny! =D

• JoyceH-
    I love ur enthusiasm for complex recipes! lol its wonderful to see people enjoying their food and the process too.
    CityNature-
    I have tried the library, its where I preview any and all raw books I can and its been a tremendous help!!
    Yuna-
    If I lived in New York I would probably survive off of the dessert from there but unfornately we dont have any raw resturants in colorado :( but if I ever visit New York it’s good to know that my sweet tooth will be satisfied!
    I really appreciate it! Even without the recipe, from what I have heard about the book it seems like a must buy.