Candida and Cereal

Hi all! So, right now I am on an anti-candida diet which has restricted my diet pretty drastically. I can’t have wheat and a lot of other grains, but I can have millet, buckwheat, and spelt (unfortunately, only if it is well cooked). In the morning, I really need to have a good fibrous cereal, but I haven’t been able to find a commercial cereal that I can eat. I don’t really know what to do, so does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find a buckwheat (or millet or spelt) cereal? Or to how I can make my own? Thank you!

Comments

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hello natatatt
    When I was doing the anti=candida diet of Dr Cousens, I made buckwheaties which is soaked and sprouted buckwheat, then dried. It is good with almond milk and goji berries in the morning. Sometimes I would process the buckwheat after it had been soaked and add a little coconut which makes it really delicious.

• I have a bag of organic buckwheat groats…would I just need to put them in water, soak over night, then let dry? Thanks for the suggestion!

• There is a list of cereal options on this site including cocoa buckwheaties (one of my faves!)

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/list/cereal