Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I'm new, and struggling to be raw

Hi! I’ve been dabbling in Rawness for several years now and I’m finally getting to a point where I know it is what’s best for my body. The problem is that my hubby isn’t so into it. There is hope for us though…my kids have been choosing plain salads with chopped fruit and seeds on top instead of salad dressing…over spaghetti!!

While I’m here, I hope to learn some new ways of preparing raw food (that will appeal to my whole family), and make some friends along the way. :)

Comments

• Hi Hollis! I am the only one here who eats anything healthy on a constant basis. Kids will in spurts, but teens are hard. DH is not a taker either. Welcome aboard! I hear ya!

• Hi Hollis and Welcome !! I am a newbie of sorts and have been playing with the raw food idea for about a year or so. I am married and have to children ages 17 and 20. My husband is a Chef. I know that I feel better when I eat raw and I try to introduce the idea to my clan but salads with regualar dinner is as far as it goes. It is also hard when it is just you who want the change but the rest of the family doesn’t since you have to cook for them etc. What I have been doing so far is having a raw breakfast and lunch and have a somewhat cooked dinner to start. You are not alone.

• Thanks, Ladies! I’m looking forward to learning and sharing with you. :)

Lucky for me, my kids are small. I figure if I just stay diligent about setting a good example, it will rub off and make an impression on them. I’ve recently been praising the older one (who’s just starting to learn to prepare his own food) who is making some great food choices recently….and to my complete amazement, my 2 year old will sometimes partake in my morning green smoothie ritual! I just hope I can maintain this trend!

BTW, when they’re teens I plan on selling the “less acne with raw food” and “you’ll smell better even without AXE” and “more dates!”

• FreesiaFreesia Raw Newbie

O Hollis,
    I know how how it is. My husband is a chef also like DirtGoddess’s and the delicious smells from the kitchen are so tempting.
    I have my own side of the kitchen with vitamix, juicer, dehydrator, spirooli and chopping boards.. we share the food processor, hehe! We also have separate food cupboards.
    This way I don’t venture near his stuff and he doesn’t come near mine, but it’s all friendly!
    Green smoothies are great for children, they love the green colour, especially if you call it Shrek smoothie or make it fun for them. Baby spinach makes them bright green, very attractive.
    I always found that setting the place for food with pretty plates and nicely presented food made all the difference to whether my children ate the food or not.
    If they are old enough, let them be a part of it, using the vitamix and the juicer, using kitchen gadgets.. it’s all fun and they see the result.

If they are transitioning, salad sandwiches were always a great option for little ones, fruit cut up into small pieces, apples skinned and cored, vege sticks and dips ..these were all good for my children when they were younger.
    Healthy raw deserts are sometimes the way to a child’s heart, they love the sweetness and aren’t ready for many savoury things yet.
    Mine are in their teens, 20’s and 30’s now.. one raw food , one vegan and one SAD but healthier diet than most so it paid off in the end.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Freesia – It’s so encouraging to hear that you raised your kids on healthy food! How thrilling to hear that you passed raw on to the next generation. I wish I was so lucky.