Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green Tea

roadrunnerroadrunner Raw Newbie

I read all over raw sites of tea not being raw or youre not 100% raw if you drink tea. Tea is LIQUID. you dont EAT tea! If you eat 100% RAW food daily and nothing cooked but you still drink tea youre STILL 100 RAW good grief. I only drink tea in the evening during winter, not spring or summer. And lately i havent been drinking it because of reading all the posts of tea being “non-raw” I just think thats taking it too far. A person should not be down on themselves if youre eating 100 raw food but yet drink tea. There are MANY 100+ year old oriental people that drink tea daily and look at british people or english whichever it is they drink their tea like french drink their wine and in moderation. I also have a glass or sometimes 2 of wine but this doesnt make me less RAW. I used to kill off a 12 pack to a case of beer in my SAD diet days but dont drink beer anymore. Just a very mild wine I like, Chapelle Soft Chennin Blanc.Im sorry but I dont feel tea is “non-raw” And Im talking herbal tea not liptons or junk like that I mean Celestial Seasonings Green Tea. If one drinks a little of this its fine to me. I feel awsome now being 100% RAW. Im happy I dont eat SAD anymore and feel lighter and much better than I have since I was maybe 10!! and I drink tea and wine so there you go. Besides i read that its good on digestion to DRINK whatever your drinking with your meals WARM as it aids in better digestion. I read this from an Okinawa Diet resource on what the diet of Okinawa is, and Okinawans have a history of living very long lives vs. the diet of the west,aka SAD. This is just my opinion so please dont be upset with me.Its like when someone on SAD says “wow, all you eat all day is fruit, then a salad for dinner? thats not healthy” or…”thats pretty stupid” Ok well eating a hamburger and fries, or pizza or macaroni, or tacos, burritos,eggs,steak,chicken is better??? HELL NO!! I used to eat all that crap but now just fruit and greens and I am ALIVE now!!! I just feel its taking it too far saying tea is cooked.
Im happy!!Those of you who feel tea is not raw thats fine and same with wine thats also fine, I feel they are both ok in moderation.
Rob

Comments

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

I agree with you (although to be honest I’m not quite as frustrated about it LOL). I still enjoy chamomile and ginger twist whole leaf herbal tea a LOT, although I avoid green tea, because I don’t like the taste.

Yay tea!

• I agree, I can’t imagine herbal teas being unhealthy. Most have been found to be very beneficial to health. I am drinking a mug of green tea right now! Plus for those of us in cold climates the warmth is fantastic.

There are just some extremes of the raw food movement that I don’t agree with. Not drinking tea is one, drinking your own urine is another!

• roadrunnerroadrunner Raw Newbie

Yea I live in Idaho and it gets cold here, Jan and Feb especially we always get sub-zero temps like lately its been from -12 to 20 during the day but now its been in the mid 30s! YAY!! I have spring fever!! I hope I dont offend anyone I just think its extreme saying tea makes you less raw is all.
    Rob

• this is my first post (round of applause please) and the irony of this is that i’ve been moving more and more raw for a few weeks now, and i just made a cup of ginger tea and was wondering this same thing. is it technically RAW, but since your body doesn’t need to digest anything, i assume there is no enzyme issue. is that assumption correct?

i think its important t keep in mind the overall goal here. being 98% raw and the other 2% goes to tea doesnt make you a ‘poser’ raw foodist. that type of judgment seems pretty self defeating.

• Here, here! Yay for tea! I love it and I think it’s great for you!

• I’m with you guys, love my Green Tea, I justifiy it by not actually bringing the water to the boil. It’a still quite hot but not boiling. Don’t want to miss out on all of those antioxidants!!! plus I really enjoy it.