what are these ingredients?

hell all I am new to goneraw and am still a sad eater (healthier kind) and thinking of going mostly raw. however I don’t even know what some of these ingredients are, led alone where to get them. I live in the midwest a.k.a unhealthyville.

any tips????

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Do some research and order on the Internet if products are unavailable where you live. I buy most of my pantry items on the Internet. Organic produce can also be ordered online from www.DiamondOrganics.com Some of the ingredients in which you are unfamiliar aren’t necessary to get started eating raw, but as you progress, you might want to experiment more with them (maca and goji berries for example). You may never want them or you may find a recipe that you want to try that calls for an unusual ingredient. Most of the time, the ingredients are interchangeable.

• wow I meant hello and thank you 123 for the site and advice

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

:o) You can edit your post. :o)

• Welcome! Where in the midwest are you? I live in western Nebraska. Maybe I can help! I’ve been raw since May 2007. I live in a small town and have to drive to get healthy organic food. Actually, I just posted about this to someone else. At first it is really difficult but now I enjoy my bi-weekly drive to Fort Collins, CO to get my food. The hardest part is like today when I’m planning on going shopping in a few days, but today, I’m really low on food, tons of nuts that I haven’t sprouted, but no fresh veggies. Oh, I do have carrots, I’ll just juice today. I guess one of my keys to my success is flexibility!!!

Let me know if I can be any help!

Oh, I forgot, I also buy a lot of stuff over the internet. My goji berries, maca, hemp seed, cacao, bee pollen and my bulk buckwheat. I really like www.livingsuperfoods.com

Aleta: Wow, that’s a long drive to Fort Collins to Nebraska to get food. I will have to stop complaining about my drive to get my food; however, we are looking into a CSA and nearby farmer’s market.

I had a cleanse done in Eden Vally, Loveland, CO back in 2001. They have a farm there too… and I think they sell/trade their food to locals around there. Anyway, I just remembered that… Loveland would be an even further drive for you.

btw, congratulations on your raw food success, healing, and weight loss!

• Thanks germin8. It’s been an amazing evolution!

The trips not so bad, only 1.5 hrs from my house to Fort Collins. And I just save any other shopping I have for that day too. I would have to drive 1 hour to the closest mall/lowes/whatever anyway, so the extra 1/2 hour isn’t that big a deal.

I’ve designed (w/my sister who is an architect) and am planning on building a pit greenhouse this summer. It will self sufficient year round, so, hopefully, next year at this time I’ll be able to pick my spinach, kale, etc without starting my car! YEA!!! I’ll be recording our building progress on my blog (www.rawcowgirl.blogspot.com) once the ground thaws, most likely mid April.

Awesome. We dream of living somewhere we can garden… and have a small greenhouse.

I’ll be checking your blog to see how the build goes. We went to the Natural Zing owner’s home for a (open to anyone) raw Thanksgiving Feast and they gave us a tour of their geodesic dome greenhouse. They can grow food through the winter. Now, we want one!

• I really wanted a geo-dome! I love their product. But I really want it to last a long time and well, for the money I figured it would be cheaper to build my own. We already have the back-hoe, cement block and some lumber so I’m nearly half way there. But the geo-domes, they are wow!

I buy from Natural Zing quite a lot. Love their product and prices. Where are they located?

Natural Zing is in Mt. Airy, MD - between Baltimore and Frederick, MD.

It’s about an hour from where I live in Northern VA.

Nice people… I think Loving Life Cafe in PA uses their products. It’s the only real raw restaurant around… 2 hours away.