Raw Eggplant?

Hi I’m new to the raw life style and made a raw eggplant dip but have been reading that its bad for you. Part of the nightshade family does anyone know if this is true? The dip was great and I cant believe that it could be toxic. Any advice would be great thanks.

Comments

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

I don’t exactly know the answer to this question, however I have read on many sites that nightshades are not from a family of plants that we should eat. I have also however read many sites on the benefits of meat- so you be the judge.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of raw, I am sure you are taking in as much information as humanly possible. I did the same at the beginning and even now (I am not that far from beginner) however I kept reading contradictory facts. Besides being confused, I was just plain annoyed. I decided that I would eat things and just see how my body reacts. Everyone is different and I think the only way to truly tell if something is okay for you is to see how you feel after you eat it. Best of luck!

• Thank for the advice. It can be confusing I feel like a sponge right now but its a good thing. I did make the dip again but it didnt turn out as well actually it was terrible. I think it was b/c the first ones were from our garden and the other was from the store so I think that I got my answer there.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Naturegal28, I can commiserate! I don’t want to tell you how my raw eggplant dish from last week turned out. My mouth couldn’t recognize it as food, uckkkkkkth!