Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

hummus

Does anyone have a recipe for sprouted chickpea hummus? I don’t like mine.I noticed that a lot of people on here like chickpeas. How do you like to use them?

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hi rosiee~ The Real Hummus recipe has gotten a lot of great reviews. To find more hummus recipes, click on the Recipes tab in the upper right corner of the page. Enter “hummus”, “sprouted chick peas” or any other keyword(s) you are looking for in the Search box just under the tabs, again on the right side of the page. Enjoy.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I’ve never found a raw hummus recipe I like including Real Hummus. They always dissappoint.

RawVoice~ What was “off” for you in the Real Hummus recipe?

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

It’s hard to explain, especially since I made the Real Hummus awhile ago. It just didn’t taste good at all. I like hummus. I like all the cooked hummus I’ve ever had. I just can’t find a raw one Also, I can taste the olive oil too much which can be nauseating.

Thankx RawVoice~ Interesting… I have some olive oil from TJ’s and I’m not real keen on it. I usually like olive oil, but this oil seems bitter. I have gotten a few different bottles to see if maybe I had gotten an “off” bottle… nope. People have posted about an oil that comes in different flavors like lemon. That sounded good. I’m going for that one next time I buy oil. I’ll have to find the post to see what brand it is.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

RawVoice, if you use a raw tahini in place of all the olive oil, you might like the taste better. Also, I’ve noticed that most recipes use huge amounts of oil to get that creaminess, so maybe if you substitute some water for the oil, like a few spoons, you won’t get as sick.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

I just made a batch (of the ‘real’ hummus recipe) Sunday night and used a little olive oil with quite a bit of water. It yielded great creamy results with a lighter taste. I also use a bit more lemon. I like it!

• Hmm…I’ve never tried to make raw humus w/chickpeas…I haven’t heard very good things about it.
    However, (yes, there is a “however”!) Kandace’s zucchini hummus is to LIVE for! It’s quite addictive, actually. I just made some now, using 1 zucchini (all I had) and 1/2 red bell pepper. It is FABULOUS with carrot sticks and romaine leaves.

• The best olive oil is Sciabica. It is amazing! Fresh pressed, unfiltered variety is sooo good! They also have lemon, orange, basil, jalapeno, & rosemary flavors of cold pressed olive oil. www.sciabica.com