Detox - How long will it last

Hi All,

I am so glad I have found this site. I need some advice, if anyone has been through what I am going through right now. I have been on the raw food for three weeks now. And I cant beleive i am still detoxing. I thought I would get my energy back by now. I am not missing cooked foods, but is there a way to accelerate the process or slow it down. Work is getting hard to deal with. I just feel sooo tired. i did not know I was so toxic. I am eating mainly fruits, veg salad. Dont have a dehydrator so thought I would keep it simple.

Thanks Annie

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Hi Annie.I think that you should transition more slowly. When you release the toxins from the fat, where they’re stored, you get a rush of toxins moving around in your body. What took a lifetime to accumulate is suddenly free to circulate and redistribute. Detoxification doesn’t have to be symptomatic. That doesn’t mean that you have to eat processed, cooked food. Eat some brown rice or steamed vegetables occasionally and drink plenty of water.

• Thanks 123, thats useful to know. I might have to do that. I added spirulina and maca to my diet two days ago. and I think I had too much spirulina. I have a bit of a fever now. Think I’ll just cut back on the spirulina. Many Thanks

• ANNIE - I am still not energetic and it has been about 2 months at at least 80%. We’ll see how it goes. I will give it one more month and make some changes if I still feel this way. Everyone is different and even coaches say that some people shouldn’t be all raw. Good luck to you and don’t give up!

• Thanks hippie Chick, I had a smoothie and am on top of the world. Its funny I usually get Pmt and am use to all the up and downs but not in this way. I suppose I just have to go through the process. I wont give up. Thanks for the encouragement.

• sure thing…. Just keep it real. If something doesn’t feel right, attend to it. I am not one to blame everything on detox. For example, two weeks ago I got this wierd rash. Crazy itchy and not the kind if thing I have gotten before. At first I figured detox and heard all around me that it must be my strange eating or an allergy to all of my new exotic fruits. I thought not and went to a dermo. Long story short,I am okay but it is not raw or detox related.