Cleanse your colon - enema

I started detoxing about a year ago and went through a series of diet changes and fasts but only until recently i found out about enemas and found them to be a blessing. Ever since i have been using them i have been feeling great and much muck has come out, that is why i feel so compelled to share about them here. I think they go hand in hand with a raw, natural diet for an optimal healthy state of being.

I am now starting to take enemas weekly as a preventive measure and to keep my colon fit. I would like to know if there are others out there who do this and their experiences and types of enemas they use. Thank you!

-D

Comments

• skizzyskizzy Raw Newbie

please be careful with enemas! they can be a great addition to a detox, but doing them too often can be habit-forming. it is always best to let the body do its work naturally whenever you can.

• I feel the same way. I think they are best for when your body is unable to perform what it was made to do on its own, such as if you are ill or suffering an injury. When you get into a regular enema habit, your body can become dependent on it and “forget” how to remove wastes naturally. You’ve probably heard of the same thing happening when people use laxatives regularly; over time the body becomes dependent on the foreign method of releasing wastes and cannot do it on its own. So yes, do be careful. I don’t know of any healthy diet that requires mechanical assistance to keep the intestinal tract fit. Perhaps you can read up on colon health at a site that is not about detoxing or raw foods – like WebMD or something, to see what they say about the colon’s natural abilities. :-)

B

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I’m doing coffe enemas just now for a few days because I am just off a liver cleanse and it is part of the treatment. However, I will stop after that. It’s always good to do a series of colonics or enemas and then stop for a while.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

There are also other colon cleanses you can read about in this forum like salt cleanses. Apparently it does the whole intestine, not just the bottom part.