Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Can going raw help keep your hair color?

I was wondering if people noticed that raw foodists keep their hair color longer. I am hitting forty and this issue is sort of on my mind…LOL. I hate the grays.

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Yes! It will take some time though. Anyone know how long before hair turns back to its darker color?

I would guess about a year.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Wheatgrass is supposed to reverse graying.

• It’s the copper in the foods that bring back the hair colour. Here’s a list of foods that contain copper at this link (you’ll have to scroll down the page a bit): http://www.nutrientreference.com/copper.html

Does anyone know if you can eat chestnuts raw? If so does anyone have any recipes?

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I’ve read multiple times that Vitamin B can also help reverse graying. It’s a beauty vitamin in general so make sure you’re getting eounough of it.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

“Premature gray hair is caused by a lack of B vitamins, a deficiency of raw fatty acids, and trace minerals (silicon, sulfur, and copper).” This is from the book “Eating For Beauty” by David Wolfe. He talks about Ann Wigmore and recommends Rejuvelac or raw sauerkraut or kim-chi (Rejuvenative Foods brand). I have several gray hairs, but after maybe six months or so, I started pulling out some that were gray, but then had turned dark closer to the roots. Cool! I was eating raw sauerkraut occasionally, but I don’t know if that was enough to be the main cause. Regardless, filling our bodies with good nutrition is bound to bring all kinds of health benefits. Ann Wigmore was completely gray in her early fifties, but 10 years later her hair was all dark again, and I think it was still brown at age 75 when she died.

Kimbaly, I was trying to use chestnuts raw last fall, and I even bought some raw ones, but everything I read said you have to cook them.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

From what I’ve read about mercury toxicity, all of these deficiencies (listed above) are a result of heavy mercury burden. Wheatgrass may have an effect on haircolor because it replaces some of these nutrients, but why you have the deficiency has not been addressed. Mercury toxicity is also involved in thyroid problems, another source of hair loss or graying. Candidiasis, also connected to mercury, is another source of hair loss or graying.

• kundalalitakundalalita Raw Newbie

thank you angie and 123, thats very helpful information… and where can all that mercury toxicity come from? Vaccines.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

There is also a theory that it is the concentrated scheduling of vaccine introductions that overwhelms a child’s immune system that is contributing to the increase of health issues.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pssR-NL_LNE

Gary Null has an amazing video about “drugging the childreen with vaccine”.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Thimerosal has been banned and reintroduced when vaccines run short. This was a topic of contention in California recently. Mercury is also in dental amalgams, light bulbs, car exhaust, fish, air and water. I was tested and had high levels of mercury and it wasn’t because of fish! There has been no evidence that mercury is even necessary in vaccinations and mounting evidence that it has caused autism in children. I can get on a roll about allopathic medicine and it’s blunders, but I’ll save that for another time!

• Say more, Shannon. You can speak your mind here, I’d love to know more. I agree with much of what you’re saying, and the anti-science attitudes in the health food movement bother me, too. But there are good, clear reasons why people have lost faith in a lot of what science has to offer. And those reasons are good to talk about.

• ValaVala Raw Newbie

There is lot more harmful (poison) put in vaccines than mercury, so even if mercury is no longer in them, they are still very bad. For exemple HIV and cancer viruses (among others) are put in them to make sure we get ill!!

You can find more about this on line,lot of it.
    Ron Paul in one of the people who is getting this imformation out in the open.+ doctors and science people.

• I agree with ShannonM for what it’s worth.

• Back to the hair topic for a moment…wheatgrass, wheatgrass, wheatgrass! I have seen one of our neighbor’s hair darken on 8months of wheat grass. I am watching my husbands hair get darker and thicker as we speak from wheatgrass! He drinks about 2oz per day.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Does wheatgrass help with baldness? (my dad)

• Don’t know for sure, samilicious, but my husband definitely has new hair growth.

He also uses the law of attraction by stating each morning in the shower The Hair on my head grows thick and full. You repeat, placing emphasis on a differnt word in this sentence each time (so for this sentence you would repeat 9 times).

This is an affirmation technique that we learned from Tony Robbins. Don’t know if this is what is working, but the hair on his hair is certainly growing in thicker…

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Wow, interesting! Thanks Sedona!! This seems like such a miraculous technique. It just proves how much more our bodies are amazing.

• Sedona, the info on wheatgrass is really intriguing. Thanks for the info!

• As a nurse I can assure you that Thimeralsol is still in some vaccines, I have read the labels ( out of curiosity ) as recently as 6 months ago.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Like spirit says, not only is Thimeralsol still used, there is nothing natural or healthy in a vaccine. Yes, it can possibly prevent a disease but to pound in vaccine after vaccine after vaccine into anyone, assulting and confusing the body, especially a baby or child, is insane. Something that prevents a disease is not, by definition, natural or healthy. It is what it is, nothing more. People need to use some common sense in what they take for themselves and their children, and not be intimidated by anyone, be it doctor or friend.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

ShannonM, I agree with you on the lack of scientific credibility in people who are dispensing nutrition advice. I like to read people’s ideas, yet I only use &/or repeat what fits me, or if I think it may help someone else. I don’t, however, expect that person to take my word for it, or the word of the person I am quoting. I get frustrated when I hear people say that we don’t need a scientific basis because something works. Comfrey worked for a lot of peopple to heal a lot of things, but then people’s livers were shutting down because of it, according to one source. Another person said that’s true, but you would have to eat it like a horse to get enough to do that to your liver. I have always been interested in science. I love to study and learn, and I would love to see a lot more science in the natural foods industry.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I know this is an older thread, but I was looking for a good place to put this information. This seems like as good a place as any. I ran across a piece of information on the net today that says researchers believe our bodies produce hydrogen peroxide that bleaches our hair, turning it gray / silver. They think the solution might be L-methionine (an amino acid). It's naturally present in sesame seeds and spinach, two things a lot of raw foodies already consume. Just thought this was an interesting tidbit. Here's the link to the specific article I read. I'm sure there are a lot more articles out there on this subject.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/25/bodys-own-hydrogen-peroxide-lightens-locks/

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Wounder if L-methionine is in beet greens and chard. Do you think that could mean ALL sesame seeds? I have been taking black sesame seeds in my smoothie. Wish I would have started 10 years ago.