Fridge

Hello!

I was just wondering who here lives without a fridge? Also, has anyone considered doing this?

I am planning to unplug mine very soon – if not tonight! :D

Comments

• Omg no. I would love to however! You have to keep us posted!

• I did it! I’ll post updates on how it goes. My two year old and I commute on a bike with in his awesome burley trailer. On the days the roads aren’t clear (ice/snow) we take the bus. We will just be bundling up every other day and buying FRESH food. I can’t wait until summer; farmers markets, foraging, gardening, etc. la la la. I’m really into the idea of indoor vegi gardening as well (can’t swing that money wise right now.)

Shady I’ve lived in Philly several times :) I’m in UT now though.

• Im so envious of you! Unplugging and getting back to nature. I, like you, also can’t wait for Spring or Summer. Philadelphia has many wonderful Farmer’s Markets, but near my home in Maryland I get my produce from a neighbor. It’s a 5 minute run from my front door! I’m surounded by farms…its absolutely wonderful.

Where in Philly did you live? Also, what spurred your move to UT?

• please check with your maintanence guys. when i switched off my fridge last time, my apartment maintanence guys went crazy that it will damage fridge.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

good for you!!! please do keep us posted. also, have you any other conservation techniques? curious to see what others are doing to help save the planet. we’ve done the easiest things first – compact florescent lighting, added insulation to the attic, sealed air leaks around the house, organize errands for fuel efficiency, use biodegradable detergents, use post-consumer paper products, made/use my own grocery bags, recycle, re-use containers, etc.