Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Dreary weather...

Ugh, this weather is terrible. Snow, rain, cold, blistery cold, back to rain, more snow, rain. Good thing the winter eventually ends, I could not withstand this forever, with no end..

So this weather has me wondering what you all do to pick up your spirits on a dreary day. Write a poem? Read a book? Tidy the house? Eat chocolate? Run around town cursing the sky?

Just looking for some good ideas to re-energize.

.ObLaDi

Comments

• Just out of curiosity… where are you? Your weather sounds very much like the weather we’re suffering (uh I mean having) here in Kurdistan. I’ve been keeping busy with my baby.. she’s now 3 and a half months old and learning that the world is much bigger than just the view from her crib. Also she’s learned that a good loud cry gets momma moving and she’s not a bit afraid to use it. Now this doesn’t do much to pick up my spirits but it does keep my mind off just how awful the weather is and how much I wish it was the warmer part of spring already.

I’d have to say that the eating chocolate part was a good idea

• Nice to hear I am not the only one with the bad weather. Here in Vester

• LOL, the whole world must be suffering from the weather today, it’s been hideously dreary here in Southern Maryland US as well. I am hibernating as well, my girls are ill with the flu and I have been caring for them and trying to rest, as I’ve been up all night with them. Anyone have any tips on influenza care au natural? I’ve been giving them plenty of water, fresh juices and body massages as well as keeping their meals very light. Any other suggestions are so very welcome!
    Harmony

• WORD to the crappy weather! In Northern Vermont were in the midst of a snow storm. Gray skies. icy watery snow from sky. bleh. Id have to agree with nothernlights- I am all for bath, relaxing music and enjoying the relaxation of a day like today. Of course, when it doesn’t end that you feel like jumping out of your skin and doing something fun! Sometimes, my husband and I have a dance off or a really ridiculous dance party in our living room where we goof off. This gets the blood flowing and its a fun way to be stuck inside! :)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Well, I can definately sympathize with all you since I endured 38 years of crappy weather living in the US Midwest. But now, thankfull, I am in California – it has been in the high sixities and sunny for the last week! Granted, back in the Midwest, it is one of the worst winters in a looong time – I was honestly got stuck in some of it on my way here to Cali – it was like the winter knew I was leaving and decided to give me a few bad blasts on my way out! One thing worse than being inside in crappy weather is to be driving in it! I won’t care if I never see another snowflake again – I have definately paid my dues on the bad weather to last a few lifetimes.

So, my suffering is finally over! I’ll send some sun and warm weather to you all stuck in the snow! :)

• When the weather is nasty, I load up my ipod with fun songs and do some cardio at the gym. That always lifts my spirits!

I live in South FL, so it is usually pretty nice but VERY rainy today. Don’t worry, jerseyshoregirl….your beach days will be here before you know it!!

This Vanilla Chai Smoothie might help too. I got the recipe from my friend Rene (www.ReneOswald.com). It makes 6cups, so invite some friends over and have a Vanilla Chai Party!

Meat from one Thai coconut
    3 cups water (use water from Thai coconut plus additional water to make 3 cups)
    1/2 cup raw almonds, soaked
    4 dates
    1 Tbsp. agave nectar
    2 tsp. vanilla powder
    1 Tbsp. fresh ginger juice
    2 t. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp.nutmeg
    1/4 tsp.cardamom
    1/16 tsp. white pepper
    Pinch of cloves
    Pinch of Celtic sea salt
    1 Tbsp. flax seed ground
    3 frozen bananas

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

KMOM! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! YEP SAME OLD SAME OLD FREAKING SUN HERE IN CALI. to all you all with the winter greys, i know ill get the finger but believe it or not ,there is such a thing as to much sun!!!! xoxo been here 8 endless years of sun….loved my recent visit east where it rained and sleeted for 3 days straight…nice for a change!

• Still feeling low some time later…

I’m from Massachusetts, and it has been snowing and raining a lot this past week. Today it was bright and sunny (but still cold), but for some reason, the weather didn’t help my moods at all.

Maybe [likely], I’m feeling so bleh not just because of the weather, but also because I haven’t been to the gym in a few days. Sometimes it helps to run and get my endorphins going, but other times, I leave the gym and still feel down. I guess every year during the winter, I feel especially down.

Sigh. Spring will come soon.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

obladi why not do soemething nice for yourself, like go to a museum, see a fun movie or get a massage sometimes we forget to cut ourselves some slack…..cheers