Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Natalia Rose - Raw Detox Diet

My fiance and I just started eating raw on Sunday night (today is Thursday). We are following the categories of Natalia Rose. We are not fully vegan yet as we have incorporated raw goats milk cheese into our diet. Is anyone familiar with her program? She says not to mix nuts with avocado or fruits with avocado. They seem to be the greatest combinations and she says not to eat them! Have any suggestions?

Comments

• I have not heard of her. I did the “The UltraSimple Diet” detox.(Mark Hyman,M.D.) grant you can still eat and detox at the same time..There were somethings I did change like the cooked food issues, instead I ate raw food. But I was able to clean myself up in a weeks time.

• I do have trouble with nuts and dates as in lara bars. I would say that food combining probably affects you more as you get more and more raw. That’s what’s happened to me anyway. Your stomach just gets more sensitive. So I think it just depends. I would say don’t worry about it unless you feel nauseous or just bad and then I would worry about it in the sense of avoiding that particular combination:)

• JDJD

Well I would have to say mixing nuts with avocados is a no-no! Mixing fruit with avocado however might have a little flexibility. There is a section on food combining at rawfoodexplained.com (see link below). If you look at section 4.4 Fats in Combination With Other Foods, there is information about combining avocados and nuts. I also read Natalia Rose…it’s a terrific book.

For my personal eating habits, I do not combine avocados with nuts or fruits. The only thing I combine an avocado with is a vegatable. Hope the information helps in providing you some flexibility.

http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/digestive-physi…

• I am a big fan of Natalia Rose’s book. I think that you should feel okay without following the strict combining rules that she gives. For example, after some experimenting, I have learned that fruit and avocado is perfectly okay…..for me, anyways. Just see what works and doesn’t!

• I used to have horrible digestion, following food rules or not. Then I found that I had been habitually overeating, and when I eat only what I need, I can digest just fine (raw things, obviously things like french fries will still do a number on my stomach). So, go by what works for you.

Nuts with avocado is a LOT of fat… so I would tend to avoid that normally anyway. Just for being so dense, it might cause problems. But I have had the occasional pie with both ingredients, and on occasion it seems fine.

I do like her emphasis on gradual transition—though as a vegan, I’m not thrilled with all the meat/dairy in the book. But I didn’t go vegan overnight either, so as long as you are making sustainable changes in the right direction, I’d say it’s great. I also like her emphasis on healthy cooked foods when you are not eating all raw. Very sensible, practical tips.

• I know her book and like it very much, although as a recovering chocoholic, found that the dark chocolate she allows in her program may have not been the best for my detox and transition to raw.

Good food combination, as I learned by trail and error, is key! Nuts and avocados do not work and avocados and fruit sometimes do, but I once over did it and had baaaaad gas!

Try different things and pay attention to what you did and how you feel. Good luck! Blessings on your journey!

• Oh yeah! And I start out with her green lemonade every morning.

• If you read Natalias’ follow-up book, “Raw Food Life Force Energy”, there is a question and answer section at the back of the book and the question of how to combine avacados was asked. Her answer was that avacados do not combine with nuts but DO combine with fresh and dried friuts as they are technically a fruit themselves. I personally have aan avacado with mango or some other fruit every morning and feel fine.

• JDJD

Bkhand40, have you read both books? Is the second a reiteration of the first? If you don’t mind, how is it different from the other book?