Soy Sauce

HI

I notice that alot of these recipes require soy added to them – or other similiar branded items.

I know this might sound a bit dopey but does soy sauce contain SOYA - as I am allergic to it.

Does anyone know of a replacement option?

THANK YOU
Clairey

Comments

• Hmmm… I’m not sure, but I know for a fact that there are some out there that are “raw friendly” and dont contain SOYA. I know that didn’t help at all…

• I’m from the US, and I moved to Canada for a few months…soy and soya are just differences in dialect. There are different types of soy sauce, though…maybe that’s where you’re confused. Nama shoyu is raw because it’s made by fermenting the beans…regular chinese soy sauce (shoyu) is processed.

• hannahmariehannahmarie Raw Newbie

they do contain soya, so i would say don’t eat it if you are allergic. many people question if it is really raw, anyway.
    if you aren’t that strict about raw and want non-soya… i think braggs might be good for you, but that is another ‘questionably raw’ thing.

• modhinamodhina Raw Newbie

braggs is made with soy so no to that-sea salt maybe would be good seaon with lemon and spice

• modhinamodhina Raw Newbie

oh wait-
    You know what is sooooooo gooood? Ume plum vinegar. It’s a pink vinegar made from umeboshi plums found in the health food store in brown bottle by Eden foods. It is made with shiso leaves and the ume plums which are salty. Try on avocado for a delicious treat!!!!!!!!!!!