Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What are your budding little people eating?

Just thought it would be fun and educational to know what others are feeding their toddlers and children. So, what has your little person ate today?

So far today (only 2pm so plenty of eating hours to go!!) my 21 month old has had:
Banana with walnut milk
Kiwi
Pistacios
Raw food bar
Cherries
Blueberry truffle
and of course breast milk!

Comments

• Hi rawveganmama.. My little treasure is 4 months in a week but because she just kept reaching for the foods we eat and fussing when she didn’t get any we’ve starting giving her “tastes” basically not enough to really eat just enough to give her a new exciting flavor (other than formula) I’ve been really strict about not giving her anything not raw and definately NOT processed sugar.

So far she loves: Apple, Banana, Date, Cucumber (without seeds to prevent gas) Orange and Raisin (chewed to mush)

I’ve been told by the elder women here that it’s NOT too soon to be starting her on soft foods at 4 months but I’ve always heard to wait till 6 months old. When did you start your baby on foods and did you start with the usual cereal or was it all raw foods right from the start??

Thanks for the info! K-Mom

• Kurdishmom: We just started our little guy on foods when he seemed interested (around 9 months), but he wasn’t really eating that much until around 15 months and even now at 21 months he eats little and often. Which is fine because he is learning to eat when his body is hungry not when the clock tells him.

We weren’t as raw when he was little, but he has never had anything processed and has been very high raw from the get go and now he is 99% (except the odd occassions he has lightly cooked veg).

Also, noticed you don’t give your little girl processed sugar, which is fantastic, but noticed that you wrote you give formula. Have seen research showing how formula can be 75% sugar and can be comparable to giving your kiddie MacD’s everyday. Yikes! I know. Just thought I would pass it on.

• Thank you for the information I know that formula is HORRIBLE but I don’t really have any other choice.. I never had any breast milk (I tried everything.. even having my mom send me a pump from America) but I never got more than a tablespoon full. I thought about giving her goat’s milk or finding a woman who’d breastfeed her but the goats here eat trash and other junk and the standard kurdish diet includes lots of salt and sugar and most women I know eat a lot of junk foods so neither was a good alternative. My last resort was formula, althought I hate giving it to her I know that soon enough she’ll be able to start eating foods and I can stop feeding her this junk. Sigh! Good to know that though..

K-Mom

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

hi kmom607 , i shouldnt say nothing because i know nothing about raising kids but i just had to bring up this point about formula .
    it seems to me you’d be better off pulverizing fruits , vegis , nuts , seeds then adding water and straining in order to make very nutricious liquids for baby food instead of the formula .

• Mare’s milk is the closest ting to a womans breast milk. If you know anyone with horses you could milk a nursing mare. Whole food right from nature and a healthy horse does not eat anything questionable. It’s a thought. Formula just doesn’t have the natural antibodies a growing body needs.

• My 10 month old loves to eat small amounts of cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew melon, mango, papaya, peach, pear, banana, apple, avocado, tomato, cucumber, sprouts, celery, carrot, cauliflower, red bell pepper, spinach, collard greens, kale, parsley, green smoothies and raw soups (Wow I’ve introduced that many different foods—time flies!). He also loves seed pates (sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds). Although he will eat small amounts of the various raw foods I just mentioned (he won’t eat anything cooked, and he’s not into dehydrated foods either), he still gets 99% of his nutrients from my milk. He has six teeth so far with two more coming in soon. Initially he wouldn’t eat pureed foods (I had to give him pieces of food he could hold in his hand and nibble on), but now he’s interested in the purees. Yesterday I gave him pureed peach and papaya. He also had some raw soup (celery juice, carrot juice, parsley juice blended with avocado and tomato).

• My nursing days are over, but could you explain to me how a horses milk is close to breast milk?KurdishMom0607 please make sure you check into that first. Babies nutritional needs are so vastly different from ours – I’d rather try Soy formula, there is also Organic formula on the market.

Another thing, michigan roman, it is very dangers to introduce nuts and seeds into an infants systems. Yes there is the old saying that breast is best, but all can not nurse – but being safe is best as well. Your first goal is feeding your child should be to make sure he/she is getting what they need to develope their little systems (every facet of it). Honestly, I don’t know if horse’s milk is an option, but if cows’ milk is for cows – why on earth would horse milk be ok.

• Hi EnjoyRaw! Here’s an interesting link from a science journal about mare milk vs cow milk: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=Articl… Although milk is species specific, it seems that mare’s milk is more similar to human milk than cow’s milk!

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

KurdishMom0607, have you tried fenugreek seeds? They’re known to cause increased milk production. Have you been possibly consuming things that are astringent, such as sage? Anything that might be drying your milk?