Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Snacks - road trip with kids

Hi. I am new to raw and looking forward to trying all these great recipes. My cousin and I just started a MC, and plan to be completely raw after that. But of course, a week after I finish the MC, my parents are taking me and my two boys (3 and 6) on a road trip from Indiana to Florida to visit my sick grandma and also for a short visit to see Mickey!! So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of some things to take on the road or that would keep good enough to snack on throughout the next week for me and the kids. Any input would be great!! Thank you in advance!

Comments

• A simple snack is bananas, apple slices, and a jar of Raw almond butter.
    Make a big batch of Green smoothies to drink on the way down.
    Raw nuts, seeds, raisons, shredded coconut and dehydrated fruits(unsulfered) mix.
    Hope Mickey will make you lots of salads…good luck on that!!

• make some raw ice cream sandwiches (there’s many recipes posted on this website) and bring them for the kids. Bring plenty of smoothies, homemade crackers (again there’s many recipes on here), and look in the kids section of this website and there’s a whole bunch of recipes. The onion bread is especially delicious. Bring some raw pizza by poemomm from this site, some cookies, etc. Poemomm has a snickerdoodles recipe that is outrageously awesome. Hope this helps.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Dehydrated fruit roll-ups!

• TOTALLY germin8! I should make those myself!

• Well, thanks so far guys. There are some great suggestions!! Can’t wait to try some of them!

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

trail mix = chopped walnuts / raisins / sunseed / slivered almonds / chopped dry dates and figs / dried fruits / etc

i put it in the type plastic jars peanuts are sold in so can ’ drink ’ out of jar for conveinance such as times when driving .

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Carob macaroons! (Sarma’s recipe in Raw Food Real World… with less carob) Oh yes, and I don’t dehydrate them… well, not always.

But there is a recipe here too (haven’t tried it though).

Lemon cookies!

• Lemon cookies rock. My six year old gobbles them up.

• Yes germin8! Also Tink77, you might want to make the blonde macaroons, they’re so sweet and delcious!