Macaroni and trees

I’m not quite raw, i dabble in raw desserts… mmmm. But I am actually just a vegan who is interested in incorporating more raw foods into my diet. Anyways, I was on the ppk forums looking at pictures and noticed one that was of a cashew curry, it looked like macaroni and trees and it made me think… could cashews be soaked long enough to be soft like macaroni noodles? i have seen plenty of awesome looking cheese recipes on here, it seems like it would be easy smeasy to soak cashews for a super long time and pour some sort of cheese over them for a scrumptious mac and cheese dish.

anyone know about the cashews? could they get soft like noodles?

Comments

• when i still ate cooked vegan food my mom bought me that mac and trees once. it was soo good, i had it with salsa! I bet cashews would make a good substititue but it would be really fatty with the nut cheese as well. try it and let us know how it turns out.

• That sounds so cool! Cashews are notorious for getting unintentionally smooshy from over-soaking, so why couldn’t they do it intentionally, right?

P.S. I’m on the PPK, too….do we know each other??

• ah probably not. i dont post too much, i most more at www.vegweb.com. the ppk is overwhelming, but the pictures are awesome!

thats a good point about the fattyness of all the nuts in the dish. i’ll see what i can find!