Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Salt Flush...

Ok so this morning I attempted the sea salt flush. I managed to drink 3 cups of it and on the fourth I was fighting back from throwing up soooo badly. I couldn’t hold it down and actually ended up throwing up a little bit of it. So with 3 cups in me I went to lay down for a half hour and rubbed my stomach. Afterwards I got up and started doing the dishes and what not and went to the restroom…but it wasn’t some FLUSHING movement…just a normal one I would say.. SO I am guessing I did something wrong? That last 4th cup would’ve done the trick? Or is there more to come? I am kind of disappointed I drank all that nastiness with nothing in return really…. HELP!!!!!

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

32 oz. with 1 tbls of high quality sea salt. I totally feel ya it really sucks to drink it! Believe 1 more cup makes the difference you really want to get all that salt into your system. Try to think about something else while you guzzle it down. Please make sure you are using very finely ground SEA salt. Any regular salt will harm you and retain water rather than release it. That is why you see many people that consume a lot of table salt often look bloated. Also you must have a completely empty stomach because food particles with impede the process. Drink some pure water to flush down the accumulation that is gained over night before drinking the salt water.

V

• The same thing happened to me, Karen. I tried it awhile back and could only get 3 cups down… A couple hours later I had one BM with some water flushing but just a small amount of those 3 cups…. I peed out most of it. I don’t think I can get down 4 cups… but I also used 2 tsp not 1 Tbls. I might try it again sometime but here is a question for those experienced in salt water flushing: Is it possible to mix the salt with a smaller amount of water and drink that down first really fast (say 1 cup water to 3/4 Tbls salt) and then drink the other 3 cups of water with just a little salt in it?? Would that work? Because that would be way easier.

• Are you doing the salt flush as part of the master cleanse or just to do it? I have been doing the salt water flush with the MC where I drink senna tea at night, then drink the salt water the next morning. Sometimes it takes more than a half hour for it all to come out, and you can definitely tell it is the salt water.

The first day I drank, it was hard to get all the salt water in, but now I have gotten used to it and it is not that bad. It helps if the water is warm. I drink 2 pint glasses with 1 tsp sea salt in each, and the first one I chug.. the 2nd glass does go down a little slower, but having an empty stomach helps a lot!

Good luck!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Are you all doing this with formal instruction? I bought the eBook so that I could try it someday, but I did the Baseline Nutritionals cleanses recently instead. The herbs in those products are too strong for me. I had to take smaller doses and even that was powerful! I want to do the MC in a few months when the weather is better and my body settles down. I still haven’t completely finished the cleanse that I did. I have liver flush and blood cleanses left to do. I’m not eager to start those!

• Hello. I am on day 5 of my first MC. The first day was really bad for me too, but not so bad anymore. I drink I quart warm with 2 tsps of salt. I am using celtic salt according to the book. Is that what everyone else is using?

• For the gag reflex, hold your nose or drink through a straw.

Even with that, though, I’ve done about a dozen flushes, and sometimes it just didn’t work for me. I’d guess that the food in my system just absorbed the water (maybe a high-fiber thing?). Those times I just repeated the process and drank more brine once I realized nothing was happening. After that, all was well.