Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Fat intake

I was just wondering… what is the daily fat intake recommended daily (in grams)?
For example, I usually have 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1/4 cup of walnuts, about 1 ounce of almonds, 2 tbsp of flax (ground) and 1 tbsp of hemp seeds. Is this too much?
If you could let me know that would be great!
Thanks! :0)

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

There’s no recommended daily, I don’t think, but I sure wish I could eat the amount you do and look as good as you! Some people do great on lots of healthy fats and oils and some don’t.

• I think it is not too much, you look soo slim. If you feel good eating that much healthy fats it is ok!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I heard 30 grams. Don’t quote me though!

• In a scientific nutritional sense, 30% of your diet should be from fat, if you want to do calculations. However, I think on raw, things start to change a little bit…I think it’s more important to go by how you FEEL than by scientific calculations out of a book. Also, by the look of your user name, gymbum, maybe you do go to the gym alot?? If you do, like I do, then you do need a good amount of fat. In my opinion, you are not having too much fat.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Don’t rely on science and don’t rely on your mind. Listen to that body! :) If you stick to those two things you are golden.

• Aww, thanks! You guys are so nice. I am health conscious and i do work out a lot. but your right, listening to my body is a good way to go! :0) Thanks!