Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Is there such a thing as emotional detox?

Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

When I was raw the first time, after a couple of months I became pretty depressed. I was eating raw and felt energetic and alive, but I also felt anxious and sad.
Was I just blue, or is there such a thing as emotional detox?

Comments

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Darn right there is! The very first time I fasted I went through some horrible emotions, just flat out crying my eyes out for no reason!

• skizzyskizzy Raw Newbie

you bet. most of my detox symptoms were emotional.

• You might also want to check and make sure you’re getting enough vitamin D. Most people are deficient. Also, carbohydrates do release endorphins, so you might just be “coming down” from all the grains. If you’re also loosing weight, as many do, estrogens can be liberated en masse, especially if you used to eat a lot of wheat, again, as most do.

• Hmmm, do you think that these emotional detoxes could be sufficient if well supervised for someone suffering from mild situational triggered bpd? I would talk to my psychiatrist ofcourse, but I hate the idea of increasing my meds again as my situation is worsening again and getting rid of chemicals is always a good thing.