Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw pet food

I have just posted Part 2 of my five-part series on raw feeding, “It’s A Dog’s Breakfast”. If you’d like to read it, please follow this link:

http://efoodalert.blogspot.com/2008/03/its-dogs…

I’ll be posting the remainder of this series during the next several days. I welcome, and will respond to, comments and questions on my blog site. I prefer that you identify yourselves, but will accept Anonymous posts. If there are enough comments and questions, I’ll respond to them in one or more follow-up posts on the blog.

Phyllis eFoodAlert.blogspot.com

Permission to crosspost

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Are you telling people they are wrong to feed their dogs an appropriate, raw diet?

• Even he organic, natural, holistic pet store recommended a raw diet for pets. It’s what they eat in the wild.

Just read Part I. I don’t respond well to alarmist articles, especially those blending facts with careful omissions. It pisses me off.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Yeah… “careful omissions” is right, there are a lot of facts that were left out. I believe that there was a good amount of false information presented that wasn’t thoroughly researched, or only researched from their chosen postition on the matter.

You know it’s almost like saying that if a raw NATURAL diet is not suitable for our pets then it isn’t suitable for us to consume a raw natural diet either? LOL What makes dogs consuming a species appropriate diet so different

After looking around… looks like this person is againt raw everthing! Oh well…

Yes, coming from a hard science background, I become offended when someone, anyone, tries this sort of mass media technique to enrich themselves or their site. I don’t care who they are. I’m not impressed.

• My cat drinks my smoothies:)... And she really climbs all over to me to get at it, so??

• locustgirllocustgirl Raw Newbie

if you get the raw meat from reputable sources, then i don’t see the problem presented here. i certainly wouldn’t feed a pet factory farm meat or so called free-range which would present a huge risk. i have friends that feed their dogs local pasture raised raw meat and they are very healthy, happy, and with shiny coats.

• I feed my cat the frozen meat you find in the freezer at the grocery store. Beef, ground turkey, etc.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I’ve met raw vegan dogs, and my own cat is a raw carnivoire, they are the happiest and healthiest animals I have ever met. Nuff said!

• This person is posting in every raw forum they can find….

both my pups are raw fed too… :) So is the cat for that matter, and looking at how to better feed the fish as well LOL…

I am going next… part of the way there… won’t be committed until I get a system going though!