Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What do you eat when your starving?

What do you normally eat when your starving? Which fills you up the best?

Comments

• AKAAuburnEyesAKAAuburnEyes Raw Newbie

I generally make a green smoothie based on whatever greens and fruits I have here. If I think I’m going to be too hungry for just that, I’ll have a serving of dates and then wait until I feel hungry again and then have the smoothie.

• larabars (or a homemade similar food), smoothie, raw bread with nut butter, etc. i typically make a smoothie in the morning, pack a salad with a few pieces of fruit for lunch, gt home and make juice, and then pick at random things for dinner. but when i first went raw and was still hungry all the time, i just ate fruit constantly. for like, 3 days.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Greens, avocados, olives, nuts/seeds, bananas

• When I have a low blood sugar moment,when I need something rich and filling I make one or two of these: 1 or 2 medjool dates,remove pit(s) and then stuff with- a sm. dollap of nut butter,srinkled with a few gogi berries,crushed cacao nibs and seeds- smoosh together and atleast for me YUM!

I sometimes take a couple along with my salads and fruit to work,afternoon snack!

• that sounds tasty mham

The dates are also good halved, filled with almond butter & then a fresh raspberry on top! I had some my friend made for a raw potluck & then I made them for friends for Christmas treats.

• I make almond butter stuffed figs, covered in chocolate. I should do the same with dates!

For me, it works well to have things around that are easy to grab when I come home, and then I have the patience & clarity of thought to make something else. A lot of times, I eat a meal and then make something else for later or the next day.

• Pineapple if it’s around

A big salad of mixed greens, olive oil and salt

Young coconut if I am feeling wealthy that week

• Thanks I think they are really yummy,wow figs sound wonderfultoo!!!! I end up making just simple food,which I think is good but I really get so envious of all of the people making really fancy or more elaborate snack,desserts etc.I think I may try to make a simple “pie thing”,maybe using my same ingredients as I use in the date snack. I will post it if it works.

• When I’m starving I can’t be bothered to make anything and I don’t think real good – I just want food NOW!

So I keep a big bag of cucumbers in the fridge and chow down on 1 or 2 of these first. Theyre yummy and juicy and it stops the immediate ‘starving’ and lets me decide what I really want.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Alocado. If I have a salad I always put 1/2 an avo. in it. Fats help satisfy and also slow stomach emptying. So you feel full for longer.

I have challenged myself to be 100% raw for one whole week. It has been 4 days, and obviously I am doing somthing right, as I havn’t been starving or craving any naughty foods. I am usually about 80% raw, so this isn’t that much of a leap! Yay!

• Almond butter straight up …..........

• Avocados definitely!

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

an apple or celery with nut butter, apple and almond are my favorite. a carb and a fat does a good job of satisfying hunger for me. i am starving when i get home from work and don’t want to end up eating two dinners, this works well for me. oh and don’t forget a big glass of water.

• JDJD

almond butter, cacao nibs, goji berries, nuts, raisins.

• banana is my “low blood sugar, gonna crash” food. it’s quick and requires no prep. if i have kale chips, i will eat them, but it feeds a more emotional (“i feel like eating something”) need than a super hungry one.

• blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

avocado with healthforce brand spirulina piled on top. I’m a spirulina freak! Sometimes I sprinkle hijiki on there too.