Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Neutral Nutmilk?

I made the cashew milk cream recipe last night, and while the texture was great, when I smelled it, it smelled, well nutty. Is there a neutral tasting nut milk or are my expectations too high? Should I use macadamias?

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

That’s a good question. What do you mean by neutral? Maybe add water.

We like almond milk. Mmmm, macadamias, I haven’t had macadamia milk.

Hazelnut milk has a distinctive flavor. Oat milk is sweet, I like that one too… but haven’t had it raw.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

macadamia nutmilk is very good but very thick, more like haeavy creme even stained so i add water and vanilla to it…hate cashews….ugh

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

just remembered, if you are drinking it and not thiekening something with it, try the nana milk recipe on this site…its super tasty and goes well over traditional morning stuff like cereal/granola and over any fruit…

• so what does almondmilk taste like? what does macadamia milk taste like?

• Almond milk is somewhat neutral, but I find that making a soaked brazil nut/almond milk that’s sweet and VERY creamy, with no flavor just rich and sweet. Macadamia milk is really rich, I haven’t had it in a while but I remember it being much more neutral than stuffing a bunch of mac nuts in your mouth lol. Just it’s important to soak the nuts before you use them, because of the health benefits and it neutralizes the milk alot. My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE milk is 1/2 cup soaked brazil nuts and 1/2 cup soaked almonds blended with 4 cups of water. Just strain it after you blend it through a nut milk bag. I squeeze it really good in the nut milk bag, so there’s more nut milk and the pulp is drier. Then I put it back in the blender with some maple syrup (you could use agave) and it’s the richest milk you’ve ever tasted.

I personally have always found regular cow’s milk gross.. it’s way too.. ugh, yuck in my opinion, but I LOVE nut milk. I just drink a quart of it (you know what I mean) and I’m really full. You know the thing about nut milk versus nuts is that it’s mostly water, alot of the nuts goes to the leftover pulp.

Oh and about cashews…... ummm YUCK!!! The only thing they taste good in is ice cream.. as long as there’s coconut in it.

• wow thanks rawclaire, I’m definitely going to try the almond/brazil combo, I love the really creamy milks for freezing into cubes and adding them to my smoothies.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

LOVE LOVE LOVE Almond milk. Almond makes a great milk shake too! A little vanilla and frozen or reg. bananas. Serve it cold cold!