Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Good recipes for my non raw husband

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some good recipes to try out on my husband who is very picky and not raw :) We alternate who makes dinner during the week and I want him to try some healthy food for once… Also, I have a toddler running around in the background and he doesnt have a long attention span so the simpler/quicker the recipes are the better. Thanks!!!

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

My new favorite thing is zucchini pasta with pesto sauce. I got a recipe from Sarma that has pistachio nuts, olive oil, garlic and basil, but I prefer spinach and half pumpkin seeds. Easy, fast, filling and tasty! That pasta recipe that was posted last week is good too.

http://goneraw.com/recipes/3345-zucchini-vermic…

• serving a big salad alongside cooked items helps, if he’s not agreeable at all… otherwise, maybe collard green tacos! i think it’s a matt amsder recipe, basically you make taco meat by grinding walnuts with cumin & raw soy sauce in the food processor, the top with salsa, guacamole, and if you have time to bother, sour cream. wrap in collard leaves. yum yum!

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I found that zucchini pasta tastes much better with just a couple TBPS of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, oregano, basil and a little bit of cayenne. This tastes really good. I think it is better than pesto but it is definably cheaper.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I like collard tacos! I make them with sunflower seeds instead of walnuts.

• My husband is not raw, nor veggie – he’s a meat and potatoes guy. (I’m not 100% raw yet either, but vegetarian, and striving for full on vegan). I try to put raw sides or vegan sides for him. He loves cucumbers and salads.

My husband does like guacomole though, and that’s a start. He did try some raw fruit crepes I made and said they were not bad either. He loves fruit smoothies I make, or just frozen fruit in the blender as a type of pudding/ice cream.

If you just want him to eat healthier, try with some cooked vegan/vegetarian dishes. I snuck in some vegan spicy buffalo “chickn” nuggets and he didn’t even know. And he had a bite of a black bean burger with chipolte sauce and guac, and thought it was the real deal! Maybe you could just try transitioning him to a vegan style before jumping full on into raw with him?

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

My non-raw hubbie loves matt amsden’s onion bread, sarma’s choccie cupcakes, the red fennel sausage gauc from this site, most green smoothies, kandace’s raw brownies.. some ideas for you!

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

My non-raw husband loves cacao/raspberry smoothies, Matt Amsden’s Tabouli, guacamole, and the Thai Peanut Salad on this site. He also loves a sort of caesar salad – chopped romaine hearts with olive oil and lemon topped with Ani Phyo’s Parmesan Crumble (?) – cashews ground in the processor with garlic and salt. Every time he likes something a write it down so I have a list of things I know he’ll like.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

My non-raw husband enjoys a smoothie every morning,raw almond butter and the best Raw Sundried Tomato Marinara—i put it over my zucchini noodles and the rest of the fam. puts it over their gluten-free noodles.

• These all look great! Thank you!! :)

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

start with recipes he might be familiar with, think, gazpacho, salsa, guacamole. get him to increase his fruit intake, find out what fruit he loves and just always keep it in the house. fresh orange juice is a hit with everyone.