Please read, I am confused here!

Food-borne Illnesses From Leafy Greens on Rise in U.S

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20080318/hl_hsn/foo…

Comments

• PROBABLY…PROPAGANDA…it is on the news after all…

• Psh, seriously, c’mon their statistics are hard to believe. There are WAY more instances of meat and animal products being more harmful to our health and creating illnesses. Don’t believe or worry about this for even a second! It was more than likely created by the FDA, USDA or some factory farm, either way it’s wrong. If you’re still concerned, stick to small farms and as local as possible. The farms that get the bust for these particular issues are usually massive farm corporations.

• I agree with teh girl above, it probably is a story the FDA put out. This caused the almond ordeal where they can claim that steamed almonds are raw because of a scare of food poisoning. I would rather take my chances with e-coli and eat healthy foods than risk mad cow disease from beef. Even pre-packaged foods are allowed a certain amount of contaminants (animal hairs, dirt, etc) before they get to your microwave. If you’re that worried about it though you can plant your own greens. Or just make sure you wash all your fruits and veggies really well before you eat them.

• sarawsaraw Raw Newbie

Not only what everyone else said, our bodies are much healthier, and can fight off these food borne illnesses, where someone who has a compromised immune system has a harder time. I know that I have bypassed some NASTY illnesses in my house.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

There was the thing with spinach a year or so ago, but they figured out it was probably due to being contaminated by cow manure, since there were cows nearby & the manure had e coli in it.