Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Eating lots of garlic

So i was thinking of incorporating more garlic into my daily food regimen. Does anybody know if the garlic smell will stay with me the next day if I eat a lot with the last meal of my day?

Comments

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

I think probably yes. But it depends how you metabolize it and how sensitive you are to the smell. If I eat even a small amount of garlic, it drives me absolutely crazy. I can taste it and smell it on my skin for days, and I can’t stand it. So I eat it rarely. But I love the taste, so I do make exceptions once in a while!

The best thing to do would be to start slowly and see if there is a threshold beyond which it really bothers you, or whether there is an amount that works for you.

• Hmmmm i don’t think it smells as much as cooked garlic – especcially the stuff from garlic bread, however I have been told by my boyf that I sometimes smell of garlic – can’t have been too bad though because he still kisses me! lol!! I’ve also never had any comments from co-workers after eating raw garlic….

• Also each to their own but I don’t think the aftertaste is as strong as cooked garlic.

• CTcyclist you can reduce the smell of garlic and bitterness if you take the germ out of the center of your garlic before you use it. At least that is what the French say….”Bonjour” lol

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Dr. Schulze told a story about an old lady who had a virus infection and according to the Doctors, she was going to die. She eat 47 large cloves of garlic a day because she heard it was good for her and wanted to live. She beat it out. That is a story you can tell to anyone complaining about the smell and taste of medicinal garlic. Also, it is a good idea to start your kids on it as soon as they are old enough to eat something. They will start to like the taste and eat it every day. I have heard that if you eat it regularly, you don’t smell as much as if you eat it every now and then. But, I do not know if that is true or not. Also, brushing your teeth real good after eating garlic helps a little. It is also said to eat some parsley after eating garlic and it refreshes your breath.

• Well, I wasn’t concerned about my breath smelling, I was more concerned about the things I’ve heard about the smell escaping from your pores when you sweat.

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

Well, I really do not know. I think it will stay with you but it depends on how strong the garlic is. At any rate, you need garlic. It is good for you. And sweating is also good for you.

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Whenever I eat garlic I smell for days and my hubby goes nuts….!

• Lady Le HarleLady Le Harle Raw Newbie

I used to smell from eating raw garlic but not anymore. I think the active properties literally go to where cleansing is needed ie the armpits (lymph nodes where toxins are either held or excreted via sweating) your skin is the largest organ in your body so for the garlic to be goin there is great!!! I had a situation a couple of years ago where I ate heaps of raw garlic to get rid of a flu virus – the skin around my breasts smelt strongly of garlic for about 2 weeks afterwards!!! My boyfriend wasnt to pleased:-) Now I dont have this, even though I eat 2 sometimes 3 cloves a day – but what interests me is that I must have had something going on in the boobie department. I have had a deep toxin clean out since going raw and so the only thing I get now is minor superficial garlic taste in my mouth for which I chew Cardamon seeds. Ten mins later no garlic taste!!