the different between blender, juicer and food processor

what is the different between blender, juicer and food processor ??

Comments

• A blender tends to have a tall pitcher and is good for making things that will finish with a watery/soupy texture. A juicer is contraption that uses one of a few methods to remove most of the juice from fruits, veggies and or grasses. A food processor tends to have a bowl shaped container with a spinning blade at the bottom that works best with foods that will finish with a drier, thick texture, like hummus, tomato sauce or doughs.

There are exceptions to all of these basic ideas. Some super powerful blenders, like the Vita-Mix and the K-tech are able to make thick things like nut butters, as well as grinding dry ingredients into powders. Some juicers (especially the ones that press the juice out of the pulp with an “auger” or a screw-looking device) can also make nut butters and grind frozen bananas into “soft-serve ice cream” which is quite yummy. Some food processors can handle more liquid, but generally they’re not water tight, so be careful, or your kitchen will be painted with food spraying out! (yes, I’ve done this! LOL!)

Let me know if any of that doesn’t make sense! :)

• I am thinking of getting a Vita-mix. Will I also need a food processor – or can the Vita-mix do everything a food processor does?

• i don’t have a juicer at the moment, can i still use blender for recipe that uses juicer??? is there any different in term of the taste