Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What/How Much Do you eat and what is your raw percent?

Put of curiosity, how much do you eat? I eat about 2-3lbs of food daily.

How much of each group??? I am about: 25% -veggies 35% -nuts 30% -fruits 10% -dehydrated/specialty

How raw are you? I am almost 100%. I accidentally eat things I think are raw but are not. I try not to repeat the mistake though.

Comments

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

I struggle. And go back and forth. And guilt myself, then nag at myself to not guilt myself, and then give myself some love and start over. Constantly. ;o)

Right now I’m totally guessing, maybe around 80% raw? I do a green smoothie every morning with fruit & greens – usually banana, mango and/or apple with spinach and/or kale, and I almost always add fresh ginger, maca and spirulina powder. Oh and lots of cinnamon. I love cinnamon.

Lunch hour is a workout at the gym – because I can’t get my lazy butt out of bed at 5am – followed by a big green salad with lots of different veggies. Today I bought myself a green kombucha drink, too. Zing!

Dinner’s where I tend to fall down. I come home from work and make a healthy cooked dinner for my husband and son and something for myself. Usually it’s a cooked vegan meal – I’ve been eating beans all week because I cooked up a huge pot on Sunday. But then there’s all this time between dinner and bed. And there’s snacks. And popcorn. And last night (eeek!) candy. So I sometimes wake up in the morning and go, “Well, didn’t quite do it yesterday. Try again!”

But I’m a work of art in progress. ;o)

Oh, and I put pumpkin seeds in my smoothie this morning on a whim. Thickened it up nicely and tasted good!

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i’ve mentioned this before, but just in case you’re interested, i blog what i eat every day at heartshapedsky.vox.com. i’d love to see more people doing raw blogs on vox. it’s a great format and i think it’s really fun and interesting to see what others are eating.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I have about the same percentages as you, natural_vegan. But i’d love to eat 50% greens, as many raw nutritionists laud this as the way to health. Green smoothies would help me along this path – but until I get a vitamix (very soon!) I eat salads (25), fruits (40), veggies (25), and nuts(10). About 3-5 cups lettuce or other greens, 5-6 pieces of fruit, 4-6 cups veggies, 1 avocado, and 1-2 cups nuts.

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

Now that i am starting to lift again i eat a little more than usuaul. heres what i ate today. 6 oranges, lb berries, 6 hands of spinach, heapin TB spirulina, 6 TB hemps seeds, half gallon of water, 1 lemon, massive hand of sprouts, 3 nori sheets, avocado, 1/2 lime, lots of sea salt, big hand of cherry tomatoes, half an onion, 1 jalepeno, 5g chlorella, big bowl of cashews, raisins, cacao, jungle peanuts. 4 apples, 3 oz. of almond butter, bean sprouts, small hand of parsley, 1 shot of acai100, 1 shot of goji100, 1 red pepper. 3 TB of cacao, 3 TB of ground flax seeds, agave nectar.

thats what i ate today so far and i still have 5 hours till i go to bed. im thinking ill eat:

2 bananas, almond butter, big plate of broccoli w/ onions, jalepeno, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, red pepper, black pepper, and kelp. a bowl of mashew cauliflower, and zucchini hummus (compliments to winona)with a whole cucumber. and a tall glass of water.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

One green smoothie, and one big salad and some water, and maybe a banana or an apple. Just not been into eating a lot lately, and been satisfied with very little.

• jenergy, I think my day of eating goes about like yours. I think I’m about 75 – 80% raw. But I really struggle with dinner. I work 9 hour days and then work out for 1 – 1 1/2 hrs. I just don’t even want to think when I get home much less try to come up with and make a raw meal for myself. I hope it gets easier as I get more experienced with raw. I’ve tried going raw a number of times over the years and it seems to get harder the older I get. But, I’m really persevering this time and trying hard not to give myself a hard time when I don’t succeed 100%.

Wow, I thought I was a big eater until I read what you eat… worleyhimself2.

• This is fun! Let me think what I’ve eaten today…two oranges, an apple, a grapefruit, a pear, a banana, a mango, and a big salad with a couple cups of spinach, half a cucumber and olive oil.

And a few samples of my dog’s food as I was making it…:D

Thanks worley, glad you liked the hummus recipe!

Benny, do you feed your dog raw food? Or does rely on dog food?

• Hi Winona—I feed my dog raw veggies (usually carrots, celery, bok choy), almonds, and sunflower seeds processed together. I add salt, too, because she loves it. I fed her eggs for a while, but am moving away from that and seeing how she likes it.

For snacks she gets nut butter in a kong (usually roasted) and raw sweet potato sticks.

Have a great day everybody!

• I LOVED hearing this! It made me smile. LimeLady and Jenergy, I find that snacking on nuts and fruits help me stay raw. I LOVE raw nuts. The funny thing is I hated nuts until I tried them raw!!! By the way, I have a great recipe I found that I would like to share. Takes EXACTLY like the real thing!

Chocolate Pudding!
    1 avocado
    1/4-1/2 cup agave (depending on taste, I use 1/4 cup)
    1/4 cup RAW cocoa powder (I can only find raw COCOA as opposed to cacao or carob here: http://www.rawguru.com/store/raw-food/truly-raw…)
    1/3 cup water
    1 pinch sea salt

Blend all except for water. Gradually add water to reach desired consistency (I use it all!) An VIOLA! It even jiggles like pudding!

Mmm, I love that avo chocolate pudding. It’s really good if you freeze it, too.

Well, I did pretty good yesterday raw-wise. I had my usual green smoothie for breakfast – loosely based on humanimal’s Nourishing Milk recipe posted here with black sesame. Skipped lunch because I had a dentist appointment smack in the middle of the day, and then I was numb and didn’t want to risk chewing anything so I made a raw green soup with chard, avocado, cucumber, um, what else… tahini & a little miso, parsley, lemon juice, nama shoyu, cayenne, maybe some other stuff I can’t really remember now! It was… interesting. Not amazingly fabulous, but definitely edible. And it filled me up for hours, yay! I did have some popcorn between dinner time and bedtime (major weakness for my entire household), but that was the only non-raw food yesterday. Definitely better than the day before. And I must say, I feel fabulous today. I woke up without the usual groggy bloatness. So cool!

I’m going to take the “one day at a time” approach with this raw stuff (worked for me in other areas, so why not?)... so I’ve told myself I will stay 100% raw just for today. And I’ll tell myself that tomorrow too. ;o)

Way to stick with it, jenergy. Raw green soups are difficult to make – I’m glad that yours was edible. I’ve had some failures, but I hope to one day make something tasty. Natural vegan – what a fun recipe! I regularly eat a similar concoction – it’s banana carob pudding, listed on this site someplace. Bananas blueberries raw agave is a fabulous pudding combination, and the carob tastes so similar to chocolate that I can’t tell the difference. Perhaps I’ll try a carob version of your pudding. Benny – it’s so cool that your dog eats mostly raw! Way to go! I have guinea pigs, and I’m thinking about searching for a diet that’s raw, if possible. I give them fresh veggies and dry guinea food and hay – but I wonder if I could buy fresh timothy grass someplace instead.

• Since I started eating raw I find that I am not as hungry as I was with cooked food. I usually eat a fruit smoothie or oat groats with fruit for breakfast, kale salad with carrot spaghetti for lunch and dinner is whatever. By the time dinner rolls around I’m still full from lunch. I don’t eat anything after 6pm except maybe a handful of nuts or sliced apple and peanut butter. I drink lots of water thru out the day.