Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Need Easy, Outstanding Recipes

Hi, all. I’ve been eating 100% raw for a week and am loving the food and the benefits—I feel more energetic, happier, and am more “myself” (if that makes sense).

Anyway, I’m hosing an Easter dinner this weekend and need some recipes that are showstoppers for my family who are eager to try some raw foods. I don’t have a dehydrator yet, so that could be an issue.

Can anybody help? Appetizer, main dish, side dish, dessert—I’m looking for all. Thanks so much.

Comments

• Well I have a few suggestions for your feast. The Broccoli Salad, shared by Crisyn on this site is really superb. It was even boyfriend approved. Plus it was rather easy to whip together. I think it tasted even better the following day, which may come in handy if you want to prepare the day before. I actually omitted the onion (boyfriend not a big fan) and thought it was still delicious.

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/264-Broccoli-Salad

And I really like Kandace’s Parsnip-Pine Nut Whip (or Better than Mashed Potatoes). It’s a little garlicky (but that’s part of its appeal).

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/66-Parsnip-Pine-...

For an appetizer maybe you could ‘wow’ your guests with some Asian wraps and dipping sauces. Check out the recipes posted by thedailyraw:

http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/1125-Asian-Wraps

I just recently made both of her sauces and absolutely loved the peanut dipping sauce.

Good luck with your dinner.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I second what Satchy says. Search for ‘easy’ tagged recipes at this site. Also, some older posts from Food Prep from the past 2-3 weeks are along the lines of this topic. Many of us gave recommendations on the other forums, which may be why we’re quiet now.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

Most of the salads on this site are pretty easy and yummy. They might make a good side dish. One of my favorite desserts is the strawberry cheesecake from g-living.com . . .Their fennel salad is also excellent. I posted a crab cake recipe which would be great for a main dish. Although, you do need a dehydrator for that.

• Heya :) I just picked up a copy of RAWvolution and the recipes in the book range from 1 (easy) to 3 (a bit more complicated) I totally recommend it, I read it cover to cover last night and most of the recipes are simple ones! I am so looking forward to trying them out soon. :)

• Yeah, the thing I love in raw foods is that they are super easy and quick to make and taste gorgeous! Hummus is a good idea or you could make some guacamole or salsa. These are gret appetisers on raw crackers. For dessert make some raw chocolate! People love it!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I recommend coconut macaroons. Easy, you don’t even have to dehydrate them.

The problem you may have if you don’t use a dehydrator… is that you have to do everything the same day, the night before, or (maybe 2 nights before)... because food will go bad. If you want to get a head start, try to find foods that last more than a few days, like carob macaroons or foods you can freeze like certain pies and dressings.

Otherwise, you can do a lot of preparing the day before, and then make the actual recipe the day of the dinner. Like, putting all the dry spices for one recipe in a container ready to use the day you make the food. Make sure you label what its for and whats in it.

I also recommend collard green wraps. And even a big salad with a nut pate and dressing (or hummus) bottled-squeezed onto the plate.

• I made a lovely mango clobber from Ani Phyos book if you interested I could post the recipe. It was delicious and really easy. The main ingredients were mangos and pecans.

• Hey smoothielove, That’s a great suggestion-I have Ani Phyo’s book and I love every recipe that I have tried so far! I have a question regarding the mango cobbler-it calls for coconut oil-I can’t eat coconuts (allergy and don’t like the taste), what could I use in its place? Thanks

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

the Chrissy’s Goddess Kale chips on this site are to die for.. my non raw hubbie loves them! you could probably do them in the oven on the lowest setting