Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sprouting success!

I have been raw now for almost 1 year, and have always shyed away from sprouting becuase I was afraid it was too difficult (despite all the posts I have read stating otherwise). Well, I am so excited to post that I have completed my first successful batch of sprouted lentils! I wanted to share with other beginners how easy it really is. I used my salad spinner of all things! I first soaked the lentils for 8 hours in the salad spinner, then separated the “strainer” part from the bowl to drain and rinse. I rinsed and drained using the “spinner” 3 times the first day, 2 times the second day. The spinner made it so easy! After I was done spinning, I would place the strainer part on a plate to rest on the counter and get lots of air. Yesterday morning I went to my lentils and they had an amazing 1 cm sprout on them! I used them to make the mock chickun strips recipe from Alison Cohen.

Comments

• Congratulations!! I was really excited too when I saw the tails from the sprouted chickpeas. The Salad spinner sounds like a great idea.

• Salad Spinner! Genius. You have saved my stocking drawer.

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Salad Spinner! What a brilliant idea! You’ve inspired me to give it a try, too!

• spirited mama,

How were the mock chickun strips? I have Alissa’s book too, I like most of what I’ve tried.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Patty708, I have to admit that I am not sure that I liked them. They were a little too hot (spicy) for my liking. I got the recipe from the link posted on here (see “help finding recipe”) that takes you to G-living. On the G-living site she says that she has 2 recipes and that this one is spicier. The less spicy one is in one of her books. If you have that recipe I would love for you to post so that I can try that one and compare the 2. I am going to give them another try today (the recipe made 6 HUGE strips) and eat it with a raw ranch and see if that cuts the heat at all (like peopel do with non-raw hot wings). I will let you know.

• “You’ve taken your first step into a larger world”

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Super interesting !! I have to try the salad spinner.