Need advice on sprouting methods/products

I have decied I will go ahead and start sprouting some things, including microgreens. I was wondering what were the advantages of using different types of methods and products. The hemp bag sounds like it may be a good alternative for me, but anything you read on a sales site may be tooled to make a sale. I am looking for real-life testimonials.

If anyone has been sprouting on their own and has any comments regarding which method/product they prefer and why, I would enjoy hearing from you.

Comments

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

I much prefer the simple jar method. I’ve tried the nutmilk bag method and didn’t like it cuz the sprout tails got enmeshed into the net of the bag, making me need to rip them out, breaking them. If you want good drainage, then turn the jar into a bowl (first put cheesecloth secured with a rubber band on top)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Carmentina, are you growing sprouts or microgreens? I read somewhere that the microgreens have to have something to lay roots in. I was thinking they would easily dislodge but maybe not.

I have never had microgreens but I assume they taste like the actual greens only more nutricious.

I was hoping I could find a non-fridge method and maybe initially grow them outside om racks in the shade, which would make it really easy for me to water them and allow them to drain. Then put them in partial sun to develop the chlorophyll (sp).

• I also use the jar method. If you serch the internet you will find some great containers made for sprouting microgreen etc. Healthfood stores would know a bit more too.

• Read up on the different methods at sproutpeople.com!

I like the Easy Sprout Sprouter. For me, it seems to work better than the jar method.