Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Meals?

What meal do you find is the toughest to prepare?

For me, it is dinner. I’m usually tired and uninspired at that time – I just want to eat! Breakfast is the easiest, as I make a homemade granola to eat throughout the week. No thinking required!

Anyone else?

Comments

• definitely dinner. it’s only 10am, and i’m wishing i could have a nice warm cooked vegan stew tonight instead of fighting to find something to make. dinner is usually when i eat something more complicated and nut based.

i’m still trying to get into the mindset a lot of raw foodists have that meals are transmutable, so it’s ok to have a smoothie for dinner.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

I’m with you, dinner, only because I need to make something raw that appeals to husband and daughter. I have a list of their favorites, and I make at least a couple of those every week.

• For dinner, I usually throw together a quick salad, rip off some romaine lettuce, drizzle some olive oil and vinegar dressing, a handful of grape tomatoes, chop a few red onions, a few olives and usually break up some mushrooms ans it takes like 3 seconds (you know what I mean). But sometimes I crave something like ice cream or freezer fudge, so when I make these things, I make A LOT of these things for a snack so I don’t have to clean out the vita-mix that my mother by the way uses as a coffee grinder all time, and I don’t usually feel like scraping all the doughs and creams from the blender after they’re blended, putting in an ice cream maker, everything you can imagine. The blender is usually the thing that makes uncooking tough. The next vita-mix will be one that automatically gets out all the blended stuff when you press a button, like a soft serve ice cream machine would. lol. And also what would be cool is to have a vita-mix with a built in ice cream machine and dehydrator. lol the machine would do aeverything for you.

The thing I hate most about uncooking is the mess that it creates, cutting pineapple squirts juices all over, etc.

• Oh and cucumbers in the salad! They’re my favorite part!!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

outside of salad or a blended something i find marinating veggies for a more complicated meal easy to do in the morning before work..i get up dern early though. i usually shred,chop,grind,or chifonade what ever i need in big baggies to store all week in the fridge, then its a handful of this or that with herbs, spice, oil seasonings, ect ect and into the D for a quick warm up if needed… rmember you can set you dehydrator pretty high for short periods as the foods internal temp is what matters, i use a good quality cooking thermometor just in case, but ill crank that puppy up to 145 if im warming something for immediate consumption.

• I don’t have a dehydrator. But I hope to get one soon!

Part of the problem, for me at least, is that I have kids. I’m trying to introduce them to the same things that I am eating, but they are accustomed to different foods. It doesn’t help that they are at their dad’s 3 days a week, where they have Pop Tarts for breakfast and who knows what!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Breakfast… there are few raw options in my home. And, I don’t think eating the same thing all week is good (for me)... we need variety, especially since we only eat 2 meals a day. I’m not 100% raw, but breakfast I find most difficult to prepare. If it’s difficult, it usually ends up like something I would eat for dinner… like mixed green “burritos”. :o)

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

oh, breakfast is easy…tons of fruit!!!!!!! I do find dinner to be harder. I want something filling then, and most of the time I don’t want to finish my day in the kitchen for hours on end. Alot of the time it’s easier to just have what my family is eating, cooked food. We do have alot of salad and green smoothies, though.

• i love dinner, i come home from work and just want to get my mind off of things, so i immerse myself in making an awesome dinner. looking up recipes, going to the grocery store, getting into comfy clothes, eating an awesome well deserved meal, then having the boy clean up the kitchen. yesss. lunch is usually the most difficult, i dont like making food and then not eating it, i just want to make it and eat it right away. i usually try to save leftovers from dinner for the next days lunch… but sometimes it just doesnt happen.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I feel like I need something bigger for breakfast… and fruit is just so easy to digest, I don’t know if it will last me 9 hours until my next meal.

Yeah, green smoothies are great too… but, I need to eat something else too since they won’t last me 9 hours.

Dinner is just easier… I have more time. :o)