Low fat

humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Most of the recipes on here are really too heavy for me. Does anyone else other me eat lower fat foods.

Comments

• I prefer low fat foods.. I feel best on them. I wish people would tag their recipes as low fat if they were/are, that would make things a little easier.

What kinds of low fat foods do you eat? You’re mostly fruitarian aren’t you? Despite the fact that i’d like to stop buying bananas I recently increased my fruit intake [including bananas] and have been feeling great. Other than fruit I eat salads, smoothies.. romaine lettuce rolls with awesome spicyyyy salsa and MAYBE.. MAYBE avocado..

so yeah, I’m totally on the hunt for good low fat recipes that aren’t just lettuce leaves with carrot strips inside..

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Hey Humanimal,

Thanks for this thread. I’m with you. Been feeling a little out there of late as many recipes seem to be heavy on the cashews or sweets. Heavy stuff in general. All yummy needless to say but a steady diet of it ain’t much better than bags of cheetos for most of us.Yikes I sound like a buzzkill. Don’t mean to but I guess I’m not blessed with the metabolism of a 20 year old triathelte! ;o)

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I eat a lot of bananas,oranges, celery, collard greens, carrots and carrot juice, spring mix greens, kale, apples and apple juice,and dulse. I also include 1 avo a day, 1-2 tbls cacao powder, 2-3 tbls maca powder, and herbal teas. I love smoothies and juice because they are super light and energizing! But I understand that the body really needs some solid foods. If you drink to much liquid form food them your body will not be able to digest and assimilate solid food as efficiently. Basically if you dont use it you lose it :)

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Yikes!!! I didn’t know that about not eating enough solid foods! Better cut the habit of eating almost everything blended (via green smoothies, dips, I even blended my zuccini pasta last night because it would take me FOREVER to chew it)

Well, I personally don’t feel like calling it low fat because I feel like it will make me sound like I’m on a losing weight diet but I guess I should call it low fat anyway. I mean, I don’t consume oils except for coconut oil, which, I can’t remember the last time I used it. I don’t like avocadoes, but I do try to incorperate some fats into my diet through nuts and seeds, not much though, like maybe a spoon or two of raw tahini, maybe 3 or 4 brazil nuts, or maybe ground flax or hemp seeds in my smoothies…I don’t want to completely cut them out of my diet because I know they are important for brain function, skin, hair, memory, etc., but too much is too much for me.

I don’t do this on purpose. I don’t make sure I have this small amount everyday. It just happens. I just wanted to point out that I don’t restrict myself!

• despite occasional bouts of almond butter obsession I eat pretty lowfat…I love fats and I recognize that my body works well with them since I am really active, but I still try to do only one kind of fat a day (for the sake of digestion)

If i eat cashews in late morning when I am on campus I make sure the rest of my day is fruit filled and green.

I have also noticed that most of the recipes on here are very much on the heavy side (including one ore two of my own). The recipes are also luxurious and absolutely dank, so big ups to all the creative Rawriors out there!

humanimal, it’s interesting the point you make about ‘if you don’t use it you lose it’ in terms of digestion. I food process a lot of veggie dips because sometimes I don’t have time to spend 30 minutes chewing for a meal.

The good news for those of us seeking lower-fat intakes is that all greens taste great with a squeeze of lemon juice, a pinch of salt and a tiny bit of olive oil…the oil helps to transport all the groovy fat-soluble vitamins to where they need to be…