Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hemp milk... need your thoughts

Anyone tried this? How was the taste? Did you have to soak the seeds beforehand?

Comments

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I love HEMP SEED MILK and my favorite brand is using the hemp seeds from Manitoba Harvest (http://www.ManitobaHarvest.com).

Hemp is commonly referred to as a “superfood” because of its amazing nutritional value. Its amino acid profile dominates with the 8 essential amino acids (10 if you’re elderly or a baby), making it a vegetarian source of “complete” protein! Manitoba Harvest is my absolute favorite source for hemp products. I use their hemp seeds, powder and oil to make many delicious raw vegan recipes all the time. In fact, I’ve written quite a bit about it on my blog and even made a whole recipe ebook featuring hemp. I can’t imagine my life without it.

You don’t have to soak the seeds. The taste is fantastic…it’s slightly nutty and hemp seeds make a lovely creamy nut milk. Just blend the seeds with water and add a couple pitted dates or some raw agave sweetner, if desired. Fabulous!

Cheers! Kristen Suzanne

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

OOO, its yummy. Maybe a bit of an acquired taste for some but add some agave and it is good. I had some at a place in SF called Judadilicious. They have the milk and the ice cream. Hemp is very nutritious too so if you can have some I say definatley have it.

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Are there any approximate measurements for making this? I would like to try it.

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Queenfluff, DID YOU JUST SAY ICE CREAM?? I am an absolute icecream-holic!!! How do you make ice cream out of hemp seeds? Maybe I’ll experiment tonight… I love hemp seeds too. I’ll experiment with the hemp milk as well.

• SarahJ-Here’s a recipe for Hemp milk 1/4 hemp seeds 1 cup h20 2 dates or 1tsp agave (optional) capful of alcohol free vanilla extract (optional)

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Samilicious – I think you would just make the Hemp Milk and go from there. Just make your raw ice cream like you would with almond milk. runnagurl’s Hemp Milk recipe looks good.

The other thing I was going to say is to just make it like you would any nut or seed milk 1 part seeds to 3 part water – do the blending thing and strain!

• SarahJSarahJ Raw Newbie

Thanks runnagurl. I am going to try it.