Raw Maple Syrup

Does anyone know if there is a source for raw maple syrup? I found all sorts of info online – but not a source. Anyone have good information about maple syrup in a raw diet?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

First I have to ask why you want to consume maple syrup. I really recommend that you stay away from it because it is very highly processed (heated at high temperatures). Try out raw agave or yacon which are the two main sweeteners which do not cause your blood sugar to spike.Another sweetener to look at would be raw organic unfiltered honey, but if you want to stay on the “vegan” route I can truly respect that. If you do consume maple syrup and feel no negative affects from it then do what feels right for you. Your body will let you know when something is up. Make sure that the syrup that you are buying is pure and organic. One good source is http://www.maplevalleysyrup.com/

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

I like these guys:

Godin Farm Maple Orchard 2357 Lost Nation Road Enosburg Falls, VT 05450-5346 TOLL FREE 1-877-658-6522

Their syrup is organic, they just have not paid the price to get it certified.

• No such thing as raw maple syrup. Fresh maple tree sap is raw and only available seasonaly. Once boiled and concentrated 40:1 its no longer raw.

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

I agree, raw maple syrup (sap) is only available during season and usually only locally. I have found a few that are willing to ship but I haven’t checked out the details of costs, etc. As I understand it, untreated syrup (sap) is watery and doesnt’ have much flavor so I havent’ bothered with trying until I can do so during season when I can visit a local farm.