Hi all...

I’m Nikki, 33 yr old, married mother of one little boy (20 months old) who is still an avid nurser, but is also vegan and always prefers his broccoli raw. My husband recently became vegetarian. I became veggie a few years ago, and became vegan one year ago. I was always heavily into raw fruits and veggies, but about a month ago I decided to try 100%, and also eliminate grains. So far so good. Any raw parents out there? Care to share some good toddler meal plans/tips that don’t require a dehydrator?

Comments

• Hello Nikki – welcome! That is great that your toddler is eating some raw foods – I’m pretty new at the raw thing, and my husband is definitely not interested. I have a 4 year old daughter, and I’m trying to encourage her to at least eat more fruits and veggies. She is a total fruit freak, so it’s easy to get her to try new fruits – kiwi is the latest one she is thrilled about. :) I am curious to see if anyone else can give you some tips. :)

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

Hey Nikki! We have some things in common, I’m also a mom, although my daughter is now 7. I nursed her until she was three and she’s always been a vegetarian. I’ve been almost entirely raw for 9 months now (husband is not), but I prepare meals for both of them. I rarely use my dehydrator but I couldn’t live without my vitamix and food processor. My daughter will drink green smoothies if they have something like banana in them to cover the green taste. She likes fruit icies – blended frozen fruit. Right now she’s loving the Brazilian GRAWnola recipe from this site topped with frozen raspberries and almond milk for breakfast. She loves almond milk in general. I also make her puddings with coconut oil, fruits or berries, hempseed or chia seeds and agave in the food processor. One of her other favorite is chopped apples or bananas mixed with nut butters and she LOVES guacamole! Hope this helps a little.