Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

More "digestable" food...ha!

Check out what I found on MSN.com. “Darwin claimed the appendix was useful for digestion during our early plant-eating years; it’s dwindled down to little since we started eating more digestible foods.

Uh, more digestable food than plant food? Like animal products and processed, dead food?!! Just thought I’d share this.

Comments

• That’s just the media doing what they do best…flooding the minds of humans, making us believe whatever they say in the most nonchalant way possible. I’m glad I’m not susceptible to the corruption. It’s so freekin’ annoying.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

top ten reasons to eat more processed foods.

1.they form like glue in the intenstines 2. they require more energy to digest 3. many days days or weeks to digest 4. some provide the body with a lot of powerful toxins which cause increased disease 5. they extend the gut making it possible to eat higher quantities of food 6. they make you super fat! 7. they provide us with extra mucus 8.they cause insomnia or sleepiness or sometimes both 9. the environment and many animals are being harmed in the process 10. gaurenteed to make you die young

As you can see processed food is ideal!

hahahah ;)

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

lol.

11. They keep the hospitals overfilled 12. They increase the burning of fossil fuels 13. they allow us to tolerate endless hours staring at the TV.

Yeah. There are a lot of laughable articles on msn.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

One time when I was reading the Scientific American January 2008 it says at the end that we have developed such large and intelligent brains from our ancestors, who learned to cook their food. I don’t know who wrote that article but he must really be in denial. lol

The last sentence says, “Now let’s be glad we can enjoy anice, grilled steak.”

Okay dude, get real.

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

ha ha humanimal, that is funny. Oh yeah, let’s keep eating this food. We see all the good it does for us!! Disease, death and obesity…right on!! RawKidChef-whoa, that is one wacky article. A nice grilled steak…barf.

• juicyjuicy Raw Newbie

On this topic, I keep reading opinions about raw foodism where people state that they hope eaters of this regime “meet nutritional recommendations”. Are you #@^*ing kidding me?! Worried that we meet them should not even be a concern, not even slightly. I can’t get over how simple the idea of raw food is, yet how difficult it is for people to believe that this lifestyle provides you with INFINITE amounts of nutrition, WAY more than typical pasta with tomato sauce or beef with potatoes. Just a little annoyed right now with all the ignorance and lack of true knowledge regarding human nutritional needs. Anyone else feel me on this?

Yes, I totally get what you are saying. I keep hearing about not getting enough protein, calcium,etc,etc…everyone’s like”How do you get all the nutrition without milk and meat an blah blah blah..” So dumb!!!

Ohhhhhh humaninal I just read your post that is funny lol. lol rawchocolholic that is funny. You won’t believe what this girl at my ballet class said after she learned that I eat raw food and I explained the whole thing to her. (she obviouly eats alot of meat, etc.)

” Eating all raw foods makes you anorexic. You don’t get any protein eating fruit and veggies.” I said “no it doesn’t”

SHe say’s back “yes it does. Chicken is so good for you.” SHe looks really toxic and anorexic a little herself, why tell me such rigamarol.

Cook foodists just make up such dumb rigamarol. Sorry I don’t remember how to spell that it’s been a while.

14. They make your clothes bills higher. 15. They cause technicians to get confused when building an electronic or house so we end up with the faults of those people. 16. They spill coca-cola on your keyboard. 17. They shorten your life resulting in a much larger population because there are more members in each “dynasty”. 18. They increase the number of retarded things that happen on earth.

Those are just a few more reasons to eat alot of processed foods. lol

Oh and my history book said that learning to cook their plant foods made them easier to digest.

Such honest, true information.

Yeah, sad huh? Kids these days never get a chance. They are conditioned to eat cooked food even in school. Makes you wonder….. Glad I’m homeschooled and grew up in a truly health-conscious family. My dad was raw for 20 years and my mom is just going raw now with me. We never listened to all the junk in the health books about the food groups and how you need milk and whatever. So crazy how they corrupt everything.

hey rawkidchef, totally unrelated here, but I used to dance ballet too.:) i did it for ten years, since I was 4. I just quit a couple years ago. I was on point and everything, but yeah, I guess it wasn’t for me. I wish I was still dancing so I could see if I noticed a difference with the raw thing. I remember that I always felt so heavy. I bet it would have made a difference with dancing on point.How long have you been doing it?

Oh that’s cool superkat! I’ve been dancing ballet for about 2 years. I was on raw the whole time, and I was so ahead of everybody else that the Russian teacher got obsessed with me. It felt so easy and natural!! I quit a year ago because the teacher was driving me crazy. But I’m going back to it in the summer, I’d be interested to see if you went back to it if you had alot of energy!! Cool that we both danced, huh?

Yeah that’s cool. I was always a klutz, though lol. Don’t know if raw would help with that ha ha. On second thought maybe it would? Yeah I had a, um, crazy teacher once. She wasn’t Russian but she was insane. And she never really liked me much tee hee. Good for you being ahead of everyone. I bet I would have alot more energy now. I was major SAD back then(despite having ealty parents they never really imposed it on the kids)...Taco Bell, meat and cheese, heavy dead and cooked. Makes me cringe to think of it. Eeeew. No wonder I felt so great lol.